Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Downloaded the free version of Stereo Mix Plus and installed. Still unable to achieve Stereo Mix option

HP Recommended

@PekinBill

Thank you for replying with the results. 

The final option is to reinstall Windows. This might help. Because so far we have tried to reinstall the drivers, check various settings and still there is no option for the Stereo Mix.

To perform a system recovery you may refer to the steps mentioned under "Recovery when Windows 10 does not start correctly" from this link: http://hp.care/2jvXEdP

I really appreciate your patience and wish you good luck! Keep me posted. 

HP Recommended

I've seen it suggested elsewhere in this forum that this is a HP hardware issue and that HP have failed to address it.  I have the same issue and nothing seems to help.

Is it likely that HP will hold up their hands and admit that this is a serious design failure with their machines and then do some positive to help the people who've spent money on an HP machine only to find that it cannot be used for the application that's importeant to them.

I'm at my wits end here...

HP Recommended
HP Recommended

I am delighted to report that this method worked for me after trying everything else I could find and failing.

Thank you very much for this fix.

HP Recommended

It may sound hacky, but you can try installing drivers that are meant for another computer.  The point of this is that the install package would install Stereo Mix as it would on a computer that is supposedly compatible with it.  Since Stereo Mix is software-based and HP doesn't restrict driver 'cross-contamination', installing Stereo Mix on an ultrabook like the Envy 13t is possible!  If you're not sure where to start, you can try installing the audio codec for the Pavilion bc400:

image.png

And whatever you do, always reset when it promts you to! 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.