Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Pavilion Notebook 15-ab254sa
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

I bought a HP Pavilion Notbook yesterday, and I've noticed that it beeps randomly (sometimes two beeps, sometimes one) around every half hour (give or take).

I've looked into beep error codes but can't find the issue.

The laptop is running perfectly and I cannot see any other issue, apart from the fact that the beeping is annoying. 

Any thoughts? Thanks in advance :generic:

75 REPLIES 75
HP Recommended

Hi @ellie_4545,

Welcome to the HP Forums!:smileyhappy: 

It is a grand location  to find answers and tips!

For you to have the best experience in the HP forum I would like to direct your attention to the HP Forums Guide:

Learn How to Post and More.

I understand that  you purchased your notebook two days ago and when powered on you will hear a beep once or twice  approximately every half error.  You looked into beep codes but were unable to determine the issue.  Other then the annoying beeping it is running well.

Have you done all you Windows updates?

Have you ran the  HP Support Assistant?

Here  is a link to  HP Notebook PCs - Troubleshooting LED Blink Codes or Beep Codes During Startup or Boot that may help.

To rule out a hardware issue I would run the diagnostics.  HP Notebook PCs - Testing for Hardware Failures (Windows 10, 😎

If theres is an issue or you still have not determined the cause of the beeps,  please contact HP support for assistance. With your permission they can remotely connect to your system to help find and fix difficulties.

Please contact HP support at Contact HP Support

Please let me know the outcome.

Good Luck and Happy Holidays!

Sparkles1

HP Recommended

I am facing the same problem as well. The laptop beeps once or twice  every half an hour while it's operating. I have done the extensive test of 7 hours as well and the laptop has passed all the tests. Please provide a solution. 

HP Recommended

Hi @Ish123,

It is a terrific place to find answers and tips!

For you to have the best experience in the HP forum I would like to direct your attention to the HP Forums Guide:

I understand that you hear a beep from your notebook about every 1/2 hour.  You have run the hardware tests and no issues were found.

Have you done all your Windows updates?

Here is a link to Open the Windows Update troubleshooter that may help find additional drivers.   Although it lists Windows 7 it does work in Windows 10.

Once launched, it should show a screen like this.

windows updater.png

Use the second option "Background Intelligent Transfer Service", it should lead to a force update of 'Windows Updates' that may not be automatically being applied that could fix some of these issues.

Have you ran the HP Support Assistant  to aid with  getting  any HP updates?

Have you ran the Windows troubleshooter?

If the issue remains please contact HP support for assistance. With your permission the can remotely access your system to help find and fix issues.

Please contact HP support at Contact HP Support.

Please let me know the outcome.

Thank you  for participating in the HP Forums! We want to help you as well as others who may experience a similar issue as yourself. Please consider marking the post that resolves your issue as   "Accept as Solution"   to help other community  members!

To show appreciation for my efforts, please click the   Thumbs Up icon   below.  

Good Luck!

Sparkles1

HP Recommended

Good Morning All,

I have also been receiving random beeps from my laptop since day 1-2 of purchasing my laptop. I have had the laptop for roughly 1 month now.

A few times in the past couple of weeks my graphics driver has been crashing and recovering itself. To add to that when I play F1 15 (the game supplied with my laptop) the games loading screen comes up with vertical jagged lines.

I have run all the suggested diagnostics above with no success.

I would appreciate it if I could get some help to resolve this issue.

Regards,

Darren

HP Recommended

Hi @DarrenC1987,

It is a terrific place to find answers and tips!

I grasp that you have had your notebook for approximately one month and you also hear beeps.  When you play the game that came with the computer your graphic driver crashes.

Have you done all your Windows updates?

Here is a link to Open the Windows Update troubleshooter that may help find additional drivers.   Although it lists Windows 7 it does work in Windows 10.

Once launched, it should show a screen like this.

windows updater.png

Use the second option "Background Intelligent Transfer Service", it should lead to a force update of 'Windows Updates' that may not be automatically being applied, that could fix some of these issues.

Have you ran the HP Support Assistant  to aid with any HP updates?

Have you ran the Windows troubleshooter?

Once completing the steps above if the issue remains please run MemTest86 several times as this will test  the memory more extensively.

Please let keep me informed of your results.

To say thanks for replying please click the thumbs up button below.

Good Luck!

Sparkles1

HP Recommended

Good afternoon,

Thank you for your reply.

I took the plunge and arranged for HP to come and collect my laptop for repair. I've received my laptop back with a note saying they replaced the motherboard and it has passed all checks.

The bad news is I've had it back for a day now and I have heard around 5 beeps already coming from inside the laptop. The reason I am so persistent on getting this sorted is so that if there is a problem I don't want to be lumbered with a broken laptop further down the line. "Beep" ... Make that 6!

Any further advise would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Darren

HP Recommended

Hi @DarrenC1987,

Thank you for the update.

I understand that HP took your notebook in for repairs and replaced the motherboard.  You now have it back,  but you are still hearing it beep while working.

I am not sure if you are running Windows 8 or 10 as you have not provided your exact model of HP notebook or the operating system you are running. I am assuming it is Windows 8  unless you tell me otherwise.

How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number?

As HP has tested  the hardware and it all checks out that would only leave software.  

Here is a link to  HP PC-Resolving slow performance Windows 8 that may help.

Please let me know the results.

Good Luck

Sparkles1

HP Recommended

Model: HP Pavilion 15-ab254sa 15.6" Laptop

Any suggestions?

Regards

HP Recommended

Hi @DarrenC1987,

Thank you for your response and the information.

Here is a link to HP PCs - Increasing System Performance and Maintaining Your Computer (Windows 10).

If you boot into safe mode, do you hear any beeps while working?

HP PCs - Windows Safe Mode (Windows 10, 😎

Please keep me updated.

Sparkles1

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.