Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

I am so frustrated to have bought this laptop based on great reviews and to have the internal mic crash out on me every other meeting I have. The loud buzzing noise usually follows and I have to restart the computer and hopefully rejoin my meeting but only to view as I can't speak.

The only "fix" was when I went to the AMD site and downloaded the Radeon Graphics Drivers as that is what effects the internal mic and presumably the buzzing sound that keeps happening, but this only worked for 2 or 3 meetings before happening again. 

This is compromising my job and I cannot afford to just go out and buy a new laptop. How long does it take for HP to take people serious and start fixing the issues? My boyfriend went to buy the same laptop and I told him to go with something else because this has been a nightmare. 

HP Recommended

I spent 5 hours with support over the past week. Nothing worked. HP has not even acknowledged this being an issue so it’s hard to say if they’re even working on it. I was lucky enough to be able to return my laptop for a full refund but I would definitely encourage people to stay away from the Envy until this is resolved. With the amount of people relying on live conferencing tools, this is a huge issue and it should be HP’s number one priority. 

HP Recommended

Try out this method suggested here, I've used it and it has been working for several days with no issue.

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Audio/Audio-driver-issues-envy-15m-ee0013dx/m-p/7790082/highl...

The file for the driver should be sp105744.exe

HP Recommended

I am having luck using a USB microphone and then going to Device Manager,  "Sound, video and game controller", right click on AMD High Definition Audio, and select disable.  Seems to be working for now.

HP Recommended

This is working for me now.

HP Recommended

Hey,

There was an advisory released by HP for this issue and product:  HP ENVY 13, 13m, 15, 15m x360 Convertible Laptop PCs - Internal Microphone Is Not Working | HP® Cust...

The solution is to update the video driver.  This fixes  an incompatibility with the Audio Coprocessor. Can anyone confirm if it works?

SoftPaq Description
Release Notes
Download SoftPaq
AMD High-Definition Graphics Driver

Version: 26.20.14052.0
Revision: A

-wes

I am an HP employee.
HP Recommended

This is for a different issue and it was released on August 6th. I have had this drivers on my laptop since I received it. It does not solve the issue with the audio buzzing nose while using video chat programs.

HP Recommended

Hey, thanks for confirming.  I'll continue checking for a solution.

-wes

I am an HP employee.
HP Recommended

I'm having the same issue.  Everything will be working fine on a video call and then suddely there is a loud buzzing noise from the speakers. Usually happens 10 to 20 mins into the call and even when I close Zoom the buzzing noise won't stop until I restart the laptop. 

I am starting a new course at university much of which is over Zoom so this is becoming a serious problem for me - I have had to resort to using my phone...

Very frustrating considering I purchased the laptop specifically so that I would have less technical issues during my course. It is only one month old.

HP Recommended

We are having success using a external USB microphone, and going in to device manager and disabling AMD High Definition Audio Driver.  

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.