Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Pavilion 15-cw1000 series
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

The speaker volume goes down without any user interaction after a few seconds.  This may occur after installing the latest Windows update.  The AMD High-Definition Graphics Driver and Realtek High Definition Audio driver are not the correct version and need to be updated manually.

• The problem appears in Pavilion 15-cw1000 series laptops with Ryzen3 (AMD Raven Ridge) and Ryzen 5, Ryzen7 (AMD Picasso) processors. 
  • The incorrect audio driver is the Realtek Audio Driver v6.0.8799.1
  • The problem appears in Windows 10 versions 1903, 1909 and 2004.

I am an HP employee.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

HP released a Customer Advisory describing this problem here: https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c06702568

To resolve this issue, follow the steps below:

1. Uninstall the existing Realtek Audio Driver in the Device Manager:
    1. In Windows, click the Start button and type Device Manager.  Click Device Manager in the list.
    2. Click to expand Sound, Video and Game Controllers.
    3. Right-click the Realtek High Definition Audio and click Uninstall Device.
    4. Click OK to confirm.
  2. Uninstall the existing AMD High-Definition Graphics Driver:
    1. In the Device Manager, click to expand Display Adapters.
    2. Right-click the AMD High-Definition Graphics Driver and click Uninstall Device.
    3. Click OK to confirm.
  3. Install the latest AMD High-Definition Graphics Driver v26.20.14042.2 (SP105698/SP105700) or later versions.
    1. Go to the download page for Stoney Ridge/Raven Ridge processors  (Ryzen 3/5/7 2xxx series processors) and click Download Now
      1. Or go to the download page for Picasso processors (Ryzen 3/5/7 3xxx series processors) and click Download Now.
    2. Follow the onscreen instructions to install the new driver.
  4. Install the latest Realtek High Definition Audio driver v6.0.8950.1 (SP105701) or later version.
    1. Go to the download page and click Download Now.
  5. Restart the computer.

Updated July 21, 2020: added link to Customer Advisory

Updated July 13, 2020:  Added link to video driver for Picasso AMD models.  Direct links are in the table below.  HP Support Assistant is now providing the needed drivers as critical updates.

SoftPaq Description

Release Notes

Download SoftPaq

AMD High-Definition Graphics Driver - Picasso

Version: 26.20.14042.2
Revision: D

SP105698 release notes

SP105698 File Download

AMD High-Definition Graphics Driver - Stoney Ridge/Raven Ridge

SP105700 release notes

SP105700 File Download

Realtek High-Definition (HD) Audio Driver

Version: 6.0.8950.1

SP105701 release notes

SP105701 File Download

I am an HP employee.

View solution in original post

17 REPLIES 17
HP Recommended

HP released a Customer Advisory describing this problem here: https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c06702568

To resolve this issue, follow the steps below:

1. Uninstall the existing Realtek Audio Driver in the Device Manager:
    1. In Windows, click the Start button and type Device Manager.  Click Device Manager in the list.
    2. Click to expand Sound, Video and Game Controllers.
    3. Right-click the Realtek High Definition Audio and click Uninstall Device.
    4. Click OK to confirm.
  2. Uninstall the existing AMD High-Definition Graphics Driver:
    1. In the Device Manager, click to expand Display Adapters.
    2. Right-click the AMD High-Definition Graphics Driver and click Uninstall Device.
    3. Click OK to confirm.
  3. Install the latest AMD High-Definition Graphics Driver v26.20.14042.2 (SP105698/SP105700) or later versions.
    1. Go to the download page for Stoney Ridge/Raven Ridge processors  (Ryzen 3/5/7 2xxx series processors) and click Download Now
      1. Or go to the download page for Picasso processors (Ryzen 3/5/7 3xxx series processors) and click Download Now.
  4. Install the latest Realtek High Definition Audio driver v6.0.8950.1 (SP105701) or later version.
    1. Go to the download page and click Download Now.
  5. Restart the computer.

Updated July 21, 2020: added link to Customer Advisory

Updated July 13, 2020:  Added link to video driver for Picasso AMD models.  Direct links are in the table below.  HP Support Assistant is now providing the needed drivers as critical updates.

SoftPaq Description

Release Notes

Download SoftPaq

AMD High-Definition Graphics Driver - Picasso

SP105698 release notes

SP105698 File Download

AMD High-Definition Graphics Driver - Stoney Ridge/Raven Ridge

SP105700 release notes

SP105700 File Download

Realtek High-Definition (HD) Audio Driver

Version: 6.0.8950.1

SP105701 release notes

SP105701 File Download

I am an HP employee.
HP Recommended

I installed the audio driver which fixed the audio problem,   My current video driver is 26.20.11028.0  7/23/19  which  I am reluctant to update for an audio problem.  Why are you recommending a manual video driver update for this audio problem? 

HP Recommended

I found the reason for the video update.  The video driver package contains the HDMI audio driver.

HP Recommended

I followed these steps and it did not fix the problem also after I installed both drivers i got messages that they were not supported.

HP Recommended

This did not work for me, either. Now I'm thinking my HP laptop is junk.

HP Recommended

If this doesn’t work please post your model number.  For example, 15-1000au or 6QK37PA.

-Wes

I am an HP employee.
HP Recommended

That’s ok.  Don’t worry about the video driver if audio fixed it.  Some of the cases have required both but others just one.  Installing both doesn’t hurt anything.

-Wes

I am an HP employee.
HP Recommended

NIE MAM MIKROFONU 😞

HP Recommended

I had the same result.  Very frustrating.  

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.