Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Envy 17 leap notion j100
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Need help. 

After some updates, got blue screen, after reset Windows started. Next restart - black screen. 

Tried to connect to other screen - not working (f4) 

memory out, hard drive out - nothing 

hard reset - nothing

win+b and start - nothing 

on power on caps lock - 2 led flashes pause , 2 flashes pause and etc 

looks like bios, what to do? 

Any solution? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hey @serhiox

If those steps did not work, please try following the other steps in the Restoring the BIOS document and the Updating the BIOS when Windows does not start section of the Updating the BIOS document. 

If you can get into the BIOS at all, you can try reloading the default settings? Complete the following steps to reload the factory installed BIOS Setup settings:

1. In the BIOS Setup utility, select the Exit tab.

2. Select Load Setup Defaults.

3. Select Save Changes and Exit (pressing F5 and the Enter key will also load the Setup Defaults).

4. Press Esc and then Enter to exit Setup.

Please let me know how each step works out for you. 

Thanks 🙂

EmeraldAvenger
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
Click the Thumbs Up on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

ey @serhiox, 

First, I would like to welcome you to the HP Support Community! 

After reading your post, it seems that you are seeing the Caps Lock light on your HP ENVY 17-j100 Leap Motion SE Notebook PC blinking twice.

In this case, you had said that the Caps lock light blinks twice. That generally indicates that there is an issue with the BIOS. The blink code means BIOS corruption failure. You can find this information in the Computer Does Not Start and Emits an LED or Beep Code document; this document provides the solution to a BIOS corruption failure. 

For your convenience, I have also posted the steps below: 

If this occurs, update the BIOS on the computer. For more information, see Updating the BIOS.

If the computer does not automatically recover the BIOS, manually perform a BIOS recovery by following these steps:

1. Turn off the computer.
  2. Plug the notebook into power using the power adapter.
  3. While the computer is still off:

• Press and hold the Windows key and the B key at the same time, and then press and hold down the Power button on the notebook for one second.
    • Release the Power button and the keys.

By following these steps the BIOS will reach the UEFI partition in order to recover the BIOS to the last known good version of the BIOS from the hard drive. For information on how to restore the BIOS refer to the HP support document:  Restoring the BIOS

Other customers may also be wondering what two blinks on the Caps lock means and how to fix it; please click the Accept as Solution button if you feel this post has helped you, or could help others. You can say thanks easily by clicking the Thumbs Up below!

Thank you for joining the community!

Have a great day!

EmeraldAvenger
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
HP Recommended

Hey EmeraldAvenger,

Thanks a lot for your reply and trying to help me.

Unfortenantely i ve already tried this. Nothing changed. And after 1 minute caps lock started to flash again. 

Maybe i did something wrong?

I switched off laptop, connected to power, pressed and hold win+b, by holding it i pressed switch on button on laptop and after saw lights, i released all buttons. 

I waited for 10 mins and nothing happened. 

HP Recommended

Hey @serhiox

If those steps did not work, please try following the other steps in the Restoring the BIOS document and the Updating the BIOS when Windows does not start section of the Updating the BIOS document. 

If you can get into the BIOS at all, you can try reloading the default settings? Complete the following steps to reload the factory installed BIOS Setup settings:

1. In the BIOS Setup utility, select the Exit tab.

2. Select Load Setup Defaults.

3. Select Save Changes and Exit (pressing F5 and the Enter key will also load the Setup Defaults).

4. Press Esc and then Enter to exit Setup.

Please let me know how each step works out for you. 

Thanks 🙂

EmeraldAvenger
I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

EmeraldAvenger perfect! I downloaded bios from website and installed it to portable usb. Just put it into laptop and started it! Screen is on. Now trying to restore all. Thanks for your help! 

I need little more help please. After bios was updated, screen is on, but I am getting fault boot device not found "hard disk 3f0" and f2 system diagnostics. So Windows not loading. I tried to diagnose hard drives, the utility showing what both drives are ok. Now confused what is next?! 

HP Recommended

Hey!

Thanks for getting back to me! I am glad that the bios solution worked to get the screen to come back on. 

Have you tried to Test for Hardware Failures?

There are troubleshooting steps available in the Boot Device Not Found Error or Hard Drive Not Detected document also that should help you. This document contains most of the troubleshooting steps that you will need to perform in order to try and help resolve the Boot Device Not Found error. Below, I have provided a list of steps to try with linked extra documentation if you need it. Please try to:

If none of the troubleshooting steps provided above resolves the error condition, please make sure that you back up your personal data from your Notebook and then perform an HP System Recovery. Here is the Perform an HP system recovery document. You can find the steps to help you do a System Recovery in the Boot Device Not Found document provided above also. 

Let me know how this goes 🙂

EmeraldAvenger
I work on behalf of HP

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.