Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Envy
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)
Laptop keeps re-starting with the following blue screen & message : "Your PC ran into a problem and needs to re-start. We're just collecting some error info and will restart it for you."
With the error message : System thread exception not handled(Netwtw02.sys). Please help as it happens sporadically but is really annoying. I have Win10
4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi there @Joseph84

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forums and Welcome! This is a great site to get answers and ask questions. I have looked into the issue you had mentioned in your post on the HP Support Forums. I understand that you are receiving a Blue Screen that says Your PC ran into a problem and needs to restart. We're just collecting some error info and will restart it for you on your HP Envy Notebook PC. 

Here is a document I found called Computer Does Not Start (Windows 10)

Have you tried performing a hard reset?

Have you tried to do a Hardware Test?

Can you boot into Safe Mode?

Is there a specific error code?

Here is a document called Error Messages Display on a Blue Screen during Startup or Boot (Windows 10, 8, 7)This specific document is used if the computer stops responding and displays a blue screen.

Have you tried to update the Graphics drivers? 

Have you done any Windows Updates?

If you boot into the Notebook, please update your drivers. You can do that at your HP Software and Downloads page for your specific Notebook or use the link to the HP Support Assistant (if you don't already have HP Support Assistant). Just download and run the application and it will help with the software and drivers on your system that need updating.

Please let me know if I answered your question by clicking the 'Thumbs up' if the troubleshooting steps in this post resolved the issue for you please click the 'Accept as Solution' button. This will allow other's who have the same issue to find the solution also. If you require further assistance, I would be more than happy to continue to help you. Please just re-post with the results of the troubleshooting and could you please include your Model Number (How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number?). 

Thanks! 

EmeraldAvenger
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
Click the Thumbs Up on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended
Hi there I'm having the same issue. Any way you can help me resolve it? I have a HP envy touchsmart 15 laptop with no CD Drive.

Thanks in advance,
James
HP Recommended
I'd recommend updating your graphics drivers using the latest available from support.hp.com and also disabling hardware acceleration in your browsers, the link below describes how to do this

IE: https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/kb/2528233 (need to enable software rendering)
Firefox: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/1075185
Chrome: http://ccm.net/faq/35743-google-chrome-how-to-disable-hardware-acceleration
*****I do not work for HP*****
*****click the purple thumbs up button to say thanks*****
*****If I solved your problem, help others by clicking accept as solution*****
HP Recommended

A newly installed program may have caused this error.  We'll see. Looked in the Event Log for most recent Error

I found the Cause "SideBySide" [omitted application name below].  I disabled the Hardware Acceleration in Chrome.

Activation context generation failed for "C:\Program Files (x86)\[...]".Error in manifest or policy file "" on line . A component version required by the application conflicts with another component version already active. Conflicting components are:.
Component 1: C:\WINDOWS\WinSxS\manifests\x86_microsoft.windows.common-controls_6595b64144ccf1df_6.0.17134.706_none_42f0d9a244e0990d.manifest.
Component 2: C:\WINDOWS\WinSxS\manifests\amd64_microsoft.windows.common-controls_6595b64144ccf1df_6.0.17134.706_none_fb43a2cb30647007.manifest.La

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.