Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Hp stream 11
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have a hp stream 11 with windows 10, probably 64 bit, and when I hold, tap, use keys, whatever the power button only the light turns on, not the screen. I think the keys are fine, but the screen is black/blank. the battery is irremovable unless I dismantle it, and I cant do that. I have tried keys and plugging it in. Any advice on what to do?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hey @TheAnonymus3315,

I understand you're having issues with the display on your notebook. I would be happy to help.

I am going to suggest trying the steps in this document and get back to me when done: HP Notebook PCs - Performing a Hard Reset or Forced Reset

Cheers,

TechSurge.

TechSurge
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom to say “Thanks” for helping.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hey @TheAnonymus3315,

I understand you're having issues with the display on your notebook. I would be happy to help.

I am going to suggest trying the steps in this document and get back to me when done: HP Notebook PCs - Performing a Hard Reset or Forced Reset

Cheers,

TechSurge.

TechSurge
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

HP Recommended

Hi @TechSurge,

Um, Im like a noob at removing stuff (and i dont want it damged more), and the link doesnt have an answer for the model i have. So, if you could tell me the buuton combo that would be great, otherwise ill have to ask "reliable" google.there are screws on the models, but i cant get at them, so it looks like i wont be able to remove/replace stuff (not that I want to).

so could you help me find the combo for the hp stream 11?

Thanks.

P.S. (not to be rude) but why are the hp streams so bad? i know there like $300, but still. overall kind of slow/bad. But you cant really be picky for $300.

HP Recommended

Hey @TheAnonymus3315,

To perform a hard reset on a computer with a sealed or non-removable battery, use the following steps:

1. Turn off the computer.

2. Remove the computer from any port replicator or docking station.

3. Disconnect all external connected peripheral devices such as USB storage devices, external displays, and printers.

4. Unplug the AC adapter from the computer.

5. For most notebooks, press and hold the Power button for 8-10 seconds. If your notebook is listed in the table, use the instructions specific to your PC.

As for your question. It is hard to fit performance components in to a device of that size. To get something that small with great performance you would be looking at the $900 and up range. Based on the price point, I would say the performance of the stream notebooks are as expected, or better however, that is my personal opinion.

Cheers,

TechSurge.

TechSurge
I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

Thanks @techsurge

Just one more question.....

would you know what the "microsoft edge content process" is, and how to re-enable it? for some reason its disabled, and apperently it is bad. Yeah, i know about the hp streams, the main reason i complained is that all my friends have them (they were cheap, good deal right?) and quite a few have now no storage or have broken/malfuntioning screens ( roughly 20%).

Thanks!

P.S:  Do you work at hp, seeing as you are a Hp support agent?

HP Recommended

Hey @TheAnonymus3315,

Microsoft Edge content process is the processing power used to make the Edge browser run smoothly. It should automatically enable itself when you open the Edge browser. If you do not use Edge, than this is nothing to worry about however, if you do use edge, and this is causing it not to run correctly, then you may want to contact Microsoft.

Cheers,

TechSurge.

TechSurge
I work on behalf of HP

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.