Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Elite x2 G8 Tablet IDS Base Model
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

I have an HP E24u G5 screen with my HP PC. Is it possible that the computer boots automatically when I plug in the USB-C ?
I know that this option is available on DELL PCs.
Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello.

If the display provides power to your laptop via USB-C, you can enable the "power on when AC detected" option in the laptop BIOS. To enter BIOS, keep hitting F10 when the laptop is started and HP logo is shown. The setting is probably in Advanced - Boot options.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hello.

If the display provides power to your laptop via USB-C, you can enable the "power on when AC detected" option in the laptop BIOS. To enter BIOS, keep hitting F10 when the laptop is started and HP logo is shown. The setting is probably in Advanced - Boot options.

HP Recommended

Thank you so much, I don't even know why I hadn't seen it before.
I had to deactivate the "power control" box in the "power management options" before that and then the option "power on when AC detected" was not greyed out.

HP Recommended

Hello again,

Glad you got it working. And good that you also mentioned disabling Power Control in BIOS for future reference to others.

👍

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.