Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
Hp EliteBook 8460P

Hi

Simple question which I hope someone will be able to answer, please.

If I remove the battery (Coin Cell) in order to delete the contents of the CMOS memory, what initial Date and Time does the Notebook PC default to, please?

Please note that due to issues with the machine, I cannot boot an operating system or access the BIOS (so 'try it and find out' is not an option, hence why I am asking).

Thank you
Chris

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

That is a different kind of question. 🙂   

"Please note that due to issues with the machine"

How about providing some details?

It does not matter which date and time if defaults to, but it is likely to some time\date in 2010-11

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If my post was helpful or you just want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

Thank you for your reply.
I just need to know what date and time it defaults to, please - especially the date.
Can you confirm 100% the date would be 1st November 2010?

Best wishes
Chris

HP Recommended

@ChrisManders wrote:

Thank you for your reply.
I just need to know what date and time it defaults to, please - especially the date.
Can you confirm 100% the date would be 1st November 2010?

Best wishes
Chris

No I cannot confirm that.

Since you are not willing to answer questions or give information when requested, but are up to asking them, this will be my last response.  

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If my post was helpful or you just want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

"Since you are not willing to answer questionsor give information, but are up to asking them, this will be my last response"

No problem at all.
Best wishes to you

If anyone else can assist, please, I would be most grateful.

Chris

HP Recommended

I managed to get the solution from a local guy who owns a computer shop.
The machine resets to 1/1/2000 and time 00.00.
This information has enabled me to fix my machine! Yay! 🙂

All the best
Chris

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.