Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Hp pavilion 15n213-tu
Linux
Hi
i am anshuman , i want hp pc diagnostics (f2 startup repair) ............ My laptop came with windows 8.1 preinstalled and after 2 years my system became unboot .. so, i installed windows 8 (not 8.1) . . . . , and after installation i tried installing drivers . . . . . . . Every driver worked perfectly except the bios ones . . . .....,. The system became nonworking and during start a message 'a disk read error occured ' sticks on the screen so, i tried installing ubuntu and gatcha !!! It worked perfect and system succesfully boots in it
so now i need hp pc diagnostics for my ubuntu system

thanks in advance
6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

The best you are going to be able to manage is installing the HP PC Hardware Diagnostics 3-in-1 USB Key to a USB Flash drive. That is because the softpaq that installs it to the hard disk is for Windows operating systems.

You can download it from the following link.

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp78501-79000/sp78883.exe

It is also available at the following web page

http://www8.hp.com/us/en/campaigns/hpsupportassistant/pc-diags.html?jumpid=va_r602_us/en/any/pps/pl_...

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended
Thanks !
HP Recommended

You're welcome. Feel free to mark my previous post as the accepted solution.

🙂

You can boot to the flash drive anytime to access the Hardware Diagnostic.

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended
Sir , how can i boot from it. . . . , by simply pressing f2 or by f9(change boot priority)
HP Recommended

Make the usb flash disk.

Plug it into a usb port.

Press the power button and immediately tap the nEsc key or the F9 key.

Choose the flash disk to boot to.

That should invoke the three options on the usb flash disk.

HP Recommended
Thanks
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.