Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP ProBook ID J4S48EA#ACQ
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

When trying to start my computer it takes for ever to respond and eventually freezes up I ran  diagnostics  F2 on the Startup Menu and it came up with Failure ID ME5BGJ-27P8KD-XD7V7F-618R03. I have tried to reboot several times and get the same respons

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello @Willers,

Thank you for your reply !! 

Sorry to tell you that ,Whenever the Hard Disk Short/Long DST test fails that indicates that the Hard Disk Drive has failed and that requires a replacement to resolve the issue

HP will provide a replacement Hard Disk Drive if the Notebook warranty is Active, If not you need buy a SATA Hard Disk Drive from a retail shop nearby

Please Contact HP if your HP Notebook is under warranty, HP would replace the Hard Disk Drive and provide you a Recovery media to restore factory operating system after replacement (if you've not yet created Recovery Discs/USB Media)

Note: Back up all the personal data to an external drive if it's possible. Otherwise you could connect the failed HDD via SATA to USB adapter with another PC or same PC after replacement of HDD & re-installation of OS and try copying /recovering the files. You can also refer to the below shown link for further support

http://www.wikihow.com/Recover-Data-from-the-Hard-Drive-of-a-Dead-Laptop

Please click on the link In order to Identify, Prevent, Diagnose & Recover from Drive Failures on HP Notebook Hard Drives & Solid State Drives :

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c02876562.pdf

You can Check your warranty Here to verify the status and Click Here to order a new Hard Drive.

Hope this helps, for any further queries reply to the post and feel free to join us again !!

**Click the White Thumbs Up Button on the right to say Thanks**

Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

Thank You,

GBL84

I am not an HP Employee 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hello @Willers,

Welcome to FORUM !!

@Willers wrote:

When trying to start my computer it takes for ever to respond and eventually freezes up I ran  diagnostics  F2 on the Startup Menu and it came up with Failure ID ME5BGJ-27P8KD-XD7V7F-618R03. I have tried to reboot several times and get the same respons

Did you run the diagnostics for Hard Drive ?

Is that Failure ID for Hard Drive Test !!

Hope this helps, for any further queries reply to the post and feel free to join us again !!

Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

Thank You,

GBL84

I am not an HP Employee 

HP Recommended

Yes I ran the diagnostics it ran for about 10 minutes before it failed

HP Recommended

Hello @Willers,

Thank you for your reply !! 

Sorry to tell you that ,Whenever the Hard Disk Short/Long DST test fails that indicates that the Hard Disk Drive has failed and that requires a replacement to resolve the issue

HP will provide a replacement Hard Disk Drive if the Notebook warranty is Active, If not you need buy a SATA Hard Disk Drive from a retail shop nearby

Please Contact HP if your HP Notebook is under warranty, HP would replace the Hard Disk Drive and provide you a Recovery media to restore factory operating system after replacement (if you've not yet created Recovery Discs/USB Media)

Note: Back up all the personal data to an external drive if it's possible. Otherwise you could connect the failed HDD via SATA to USB adapter with another PC or same PC after replacement of HDD & re-installation of OS and try copying /recovering the files. You can also refer to the below shown link for further support

http://www.wikihow.com/Recover-Data-from-the-Hard-Drive-of-a-Dead-Laptop

Please click on the link In order to Identify, Prevent, Diagnose & Recover from Drive Failures on HP Notebook Hard Drives & Solid State Drives :

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c02876562.pdf

You can Check your warranty Here to verify the status and Click Here to order a new Hard Drive.

Thank You,

GBL84

I am not an HP Employee 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.