Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Folio 1040 G1
Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit)

I had a HP laptop Folio 1040 G1. Few years ago, I'd set the bios password on it.

(I've still remember, and use the PW everyday)

But now, I haven't need to protect it by bios password anymore.

I tried clear it, but I found that - just only change it.

Normanly, when to clear bios password (e.g. on desktop) the PC checks current PW  (I passed the stage).

On the box to ask new password, put the ESC button. And then the PW has been removed.

But on Folio 1040 G1, that way didn't work.

Pleas tell I can remove it or not (and how to do). Thanks you all !

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Thank you Zincas, for your support. The last way, you proposed (press space button once)  not works.

Instead I find the simple way to solve.

I've reset bios (back to) manufacture's default. Now bios check password hasn't appeared anymore !

Thank you again !

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hallo,

Have tried just leave it empty and press enter then it ask you to enter a new PW?

Zincas
I am an HP notebook/printer technician.
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
Click the Thumbs Up on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

After leave it emty and press enter.  I get "the new password cannot be blank" (I don't remember exactly but sth meaning likes that)

HP Recommended

Hallo,

I just tested on my old HP computer. When I should remove it again. I needed to enter the one there is. When after it ask to enter a new I just hit space buttom one time and press enter.

Hope that helps you.

Zincas
I am an HP notebook/printer technician.
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
Click the Thumbs Up on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

Thank you Zincas, for your support. The last way, you proposed (press space button once)  not works.

Instead I find the simple way to solve.

I've reset bios (back to) manufacture's default. Now bios check password hasn't appeared anymore !

Thank you again !

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.