Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Pavilion g6 1bus50
Linux

I have tried resetting and tried a new memory stick to no avail. I think it is the graphics chip set but not sure. The next step is replacing the mother board (rather than trying to replace the graphic chipset) but would like to know if the

blinking LED on the caps lock key is telling me anything. It blinks 5 times, pauses and blinks 5 times, and repeats this endlessly. Does anyone know what it means or have any other suggestions?

Thanx

R.J.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @rje77,

Welcome to the HP Forums!

I read your post on your HP Pavilion g6 Notebook and issues with the flashing lights. Beep codes at listed here.

Have you tried to reload the factory installed BIOS Setup settings. http://ow.ly/Jsqq302g0dj.

Let me know. 

If you wish to say Thanks for my efforts to help, click the Thumbs up to give me a Kudos.  

Thanks.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom left to say “Thanks” for helping.:smileyhappy:

I work on behalf of HP

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi @rje77,

Welcome to the HP Forums!

I read your post on your HP Pavilion g6 Notebook and issues with the flashing lights. Beep codes at listed here.

Have you tried to reload the factory installed BIOS Setup settings. http://ow.ly/Jsqq302g0dj.

Let me know. 

If you wish to say Thanks for my efforts to help, click the Thumbs up to give me a Kudos.  

Thanks.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom left to say “Thanks” for helping.:smileyhappy:

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

Thanks for replying!  The screen remains totally blank so i don't think it's possible to reload the BIOS. Thanks for the

link to the error codes. It tells me it's a general board issue - so might not be graphics chip after all. So, I think the best

solution is swapping the motherboard.

R.J.

HP Recommended

I installed a new (used) motherboard and the laptop is working now.

R.J.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.