Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Laptop - Windows 8.1

I know my password but my laptop screen doesn't allow me to enter it and keeps restarting the screen.  I tried changing my password from another laptop.  Even that doesn't work.  I was not happy from the start of having a password but the system wouldn't let me update without it.  Help what do I do.  I'm not technical.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hey, 

Thank you for getting back to me! If you have tried the steps I had provided in my previous post and are still unable to get into your Notebook, I would suggest contacting Microsoft. You can also reach out to them using their Microsoft Community Forums. They may have further steps that will help you get into the Windows Operating System on your Notebook.  

Please click the Accepted Solution button to allow others to find steps that may help or the contact information easily. 

If you would like to say thanks, please click the Thumbs Up button.  

Best of luck! 

Take care 🙂

EmeraldAvenger
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
Click the Thumbs Up on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi there @Farah2061, 

Thank you for joining in on the HP Support Forums and Welcome! This is a great place to ask questions, find solutions and get help from others in the community! 

I went to the Microsoft website and found these solutions below to help with the password not working for you. If any of the solution's provided below resolve the issue, please mark this post as an "Accepted Solution" so that other's who have the same issue can find the step's easily. 

For Windows 8: 

If you've forgotten your Windows password, there are several ways to retrieve or reset it:

• If your PC is on a domain, your system administrator must reset your password.
  • If you're using a Microsoft account, you can reset your password online. For more info, go to the Reset your password webpage

• If you're using a local account, use your password hint as a reminder.

Source: What to do if you forget your Windows password

Please do not forget to show your appreciation by clicking the Thumbs Up

If you require further assistance, I would be more than happy to continue to help you. Please re-post with the results of the troubleshooting your Model Number (How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number?). 

Thanks! 

EmeraldAvenger
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
HP Recommended

Hi and thanks for your quick response.  I have already changed my outlook password but it still doesnt want to accept it.  I tried to log in with my gmail account even that didn't work.  It won't accept any password when I press the Enter button.

HP Recommended

Hey, 

Thank you for getting back to me! If you have tried the steps I had provided in my previous post and are still unable to get into your Notebook, I would suggest contacting Microsoft. You can also reach out to them using their Microsoft Community Forums. They may have further steps that will help you get into the Windows Operating System on your Notebook.  

Please click the Accepted Solution button to allow others to find steps that may help or the contact information easily. 

If you would like to say thanks, please click the Thumbs Up button.  

Best of luck! 

Take care 🙂

EmeraldAvenger
I work on behalf of HP

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.