Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Split x2 ultrabook
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

My hp x2 won't turn on anymore and when I try to hold the power button down it doesn't turn on I've tried pressing f2,f10,and f12 but nothing is working. When the laptop is plugged in, the little circle light turns on 

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi there @Arden_eleanr, 

Welcome! You have come to the right place to ask questions, find solutions and get help from others in the community!

Below are some troubleshooting steps that may help you with why the Notebook is not turning on. If any of the steps I provide are helpful to you, please make sure you click on "Accepted Solution" so that others who experience the same issue can use the steps also. 

Have you tried performing a hard reset?

Did you receive any error messages?

Do you have any beep codes or blinking LED lights

Have you done a BIOS reset?

Do you hear the fan running?

Are you able to do a Hardware Test

You had mentioned that when the Notebook is plugged in, there is a little circle light that turns on. I am unsure which light it is that you are referring to. Could you please describe it in more detail for me?

Could you please provide me with your Model Number (How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number?).

Thanks for being a part of the HP community. Please let me know if this helps resolve the issue by marking this post as "Accept as Solution". If you require further assistance, I will gladly do all I can to help.

If you wish to say "thanks" for my effort to help, click the "thumbs up" to give me a Kudos.

Have a wonderful day! Smiley Happy

EmeraldAvenger
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
Click the Thumbs Up on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended
I have tried the "hard reset" by holding the power button down from 8-15 seconds multiple times but it doesn't seem to be responding. The screen is blank, so nothing shows up and there are no messages about anything. The Windows home button just for the tablet blinked 3 times when I first found out it wouldn't turn on, but nothing has made it do that again. I cannot hear a fan running or anything whirring when I press the power button.
The light I am talking about is a little light next to where you plug in the charging chord which tells you that it's charging. I have noticed that when I plug it in the light is white for a little while, and then it turns red for a second, but then turns back agin to white.
I'm pretty sure my model number is: 13-m110dx
And my product number is E8CO5UA#ABA
HP Recommended

Hey @Arden_eleanr, 

Thank you for getting back to me so quickly! The information that you had provided was helpful. If there is no noise from the HP Split 13-m110dx x2 PC case or fans, the lights on the computer do not illuminate (including keyboard LEDs), and the screen is not receiving a video signal, your computer might not be receiving power, the battery may not be charging, or the power adapter may not be working correctly. 

Please make sure that the AC adapter cable is not plugged into a power strip, surge protector, or secondary power source. It should be directly into a wall outlet.  

Please use the The computer does not receive power (no noise or lights) section of the Computer Does Not Start document to perform troubleshooting. Make sure to follow the steps in order for best results. 

You could also refer to the Battery Does Not Power Notebook or Hold a Charge document for sections like; Troubleshooting the notebook power supply, and Troubleshooting the notebook battery, These steps will also help to see if either of them is the origin to your Notebook not turning on. 

If you require further assistance, I would be more than happy to continue to help you. Please let me know the results of the troubleshooting. 

Thank you!

Have a great day! 🙂

EmeraldAvenger
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
Click the Thumbs Up on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

We purchased our HP Split 13-r100dx x2 ALL January 2015. It worked perfectly for about 3 months and ever since we have power issues. I tried the hard reset, to no avail. I purchased a new power adapter, it appears to be charged but it turns on intermittedly, it seems only when it wants to. It powered on yesterday, it updated and restarted, I used it briefly and today it won't turn on at all.  Generally we keep it in sleep mode and plugged in to ensure it will turn on but now it won't power on in sleep mode.

HP Recommended
l bought this hp of model 2000-2d06SIA with product number E9P69EA#BH5 about 2 years ago and it won't turn on when l press the power button.l have tried all the above but to no avail.....pls help me
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.