Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Pavilion 11-n010dx x360
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

I have an HP Pavilion 11-n010dx x360 that would not boot if plugged in after a normal shut down.  If it was not plugged into power, it would boot just fine.  

After troubleshooting on these forums, the next suggested thing to do was flash the bios.  So...I downloaded the bios and went through the normal on-screen prompts and flashed/updated the bios.  

Now, it will not start at all.  When I turn the power on, it never even gets to the pre-boot and bios.  I found where there is an emergency bios recovery by powering off the notebook.  Then press the "Windows" and "B" keys at the same time and then turn hit the power button for three seconds.  Well...No love.  Another post said for newer notebooks, to use the "Windows" and "V" key instead...Still no love.

Are there specific buttons to do the bios recovery?  Or, another method for HP Pavilion 11-n010dx x360 notebooks?

Any and all help is greatly appreciated

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I figured it out...

To reset the bios on this HP model, holding the power button for three seconds and the "Windows" and "B or V" keys at the same time until it goes into the bios to reset will not work.

To reset the bios, I unplugged everything,  removed the back cover, unplugged the main batttery and then unplugged the RTC (real time clock) battery, which on this specific make and model doubles as the CMOS battery too.

In unplugging all power for two minutes, it resets the bios back to the factory bios.  I plugged the batteries back in, reinstalled the back cover, turned it over, hit the power button and BINGO!!!  Back to normal!

Here is the link from HP on how to remove the RTC/CMOS battery.

Good luck to anyone else having this issue...I hope this explanation helps!

http://support.hp.com/us-en/product/HP-Pavilion-11-x360-PC-series/6796818/model/6970533/document/c04...

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

sellermike

Hello;

Allow me to welcome you to the HP forums!

I don't know if this will work, but it's worth a try:  http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c02693833

Good Luck

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

Thank you but...Still no love!  

That link was where I found the pressing the "Windows" and "B" keys...

HP Recommended

I figured it out...

To reset the bios on this HP model, holding the power button for three seconds and the "Windows" and "B or V" keys at the same time until it goes into the bios to reset will not work.

To reset the bios, I unplugged everything,  removed the back cover, unplugged the main batttery and then unplugged the RTC (real time clock) battery, which on this specific make and model doubles as the CMOS battery too.

In unplugging all power for two minutes, it resets the bios back to the factory bios.  I plugged the batteries back in, reinstalled the back cover, turned it over, hit the power button and BINGO!!!  Back to normal!

Here is the link from HP on how to remove the RTC/CMOS battery.

Good luck to anyone else having this issue...I hope this explanation helps!

http://support.hp.com/us-en/product/HP-Pavilion-11-x360-PC-series/6796818/model/6970533/document/c04...

HP Recommended
You ROCK!!!! With no HELP from hp I gave this a try. I had to unplug them twice but it worked and I now have my laptop working again. Thanks for sharing this.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.