Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 15-p158sa
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My HP Pavilion 15-p158sa is not coming on. The Laptop power light is lit when switched on but no display from screen.
80 seconds after pressing power on button, Caps Lock LED blinks white twice, accompanied by two beeps.

On looking up fault code on website it appears to match "BIOS corruption failure", have tried holding windows key and "b" and also windows key and "V" along with power button but cannot get bios recovery to start.
Also unsuccessfully tried usb bios recovery using the above method.

I have had the laptop for two years so would make it 2013/14 model.

Can anyone advise if this is a bios related issue or have i read the fault code wrong.

Many Thanks

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Errol_W

Thanks for reaching out to us on HP Support Forums. 🙂 I came across your post and would like to help.

I understand that you have an HP Pavilion Notebook - 15-p158sa and the it does not boot into Windows. The laptop powers on and there's no display. Post 80 seconds, the Caps Lock LED blinks white twice, accompanied by two beeps. You have tried the steps for BIOS recovery and issue still persists. You've done a remarkable job performing the steps. 

I would like to know the following information to assist you better:

• Did any updates or hardware changes happen on the laptop recently?

Meanwhile, I recommend you to perform the following steps to isolate the issue and arrive at a fix: 

• Power off the laptop.
  • Remove the battery out.
  • Disconnected AC adapter from the laptop.
  • Press and hold the power button for 15 seconds.
  • Reconnect the battery and plug the AC adapter.
  • Power ON the laptop.

Also, you may try to reseat the memory in the laptop and check if that helps. To know how to reseat the memory, please refer to page number 104 of the user guide

I sincerely hope this fixes the issue. Let me know the results. Cheers! 🙂

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.