Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hello,

I own a HP ProBook 4520s for more than a year now and from a few moths back it started to turn it self off. This appears more when I'm watching Full HD movies or playing games. When it turs off the back left side of the laptop it's very hot. Did anybody had this issue?

Thanks

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

It sounds like it might be an overheating issue, but there are other things that you can do which might improve your performance. My first suggestion would be to make sure you aren't placing the notebook on a cloth surface such as a bed or blanket. Whenever possible a hard flat surface works best when using a notebook to avoid blocking the air intake and exhaust vents which are commonly found on the bottom toward the back of a notebook pc.

My second suggestion would be to make sure you have the latest updated graphics drivers for your notebook. You can get access to the latest drivers and software for your ProBook 4520s here (http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/DriverDownload.jsp?prodNameId=4145326&lang=en&cc=us...). Just be sure to select the appropriate operating system version that you are currently using.

I am an HP employee.
HP Recommended

Hi,
Check the link below:
How to prevent and deal with overheating.

** Say thanks by clicking the "Thumb up" icon below. **

** Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue. **
HP Recommended

yes, i have same problem... when i play games it just shut dow by it self... do u know how to fix it.. if u know please answer me 

HP Recommended

but will this delete all my documents and important things on computer ( lap top )

HP Recommended

Your ProBook is a Business model.  Your issue would be best answered on the HP Enterprise Business Community Forum

Signature
↙-----------How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved? ----------------↓
HP Recommended

My laptop HP PROBOOK 4520 is shutdown when i play games.. i think it is because of over heating or what..  I buy this laptop on 2012 march 12...  but on 2014 onwards my lap is overheating and i cannot play any games on my lap.. why it is so happening ..

Your's truly 

Jobi

HP Recommended

For me the problem was solve by bloing the dust away from the cooler area with an air jet.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.