Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
Probook 450
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

My question seems to be met with a deafening silence. Is this some topic that's been addressed so many times that it shouldn't be listed? I have searched this list for answers, tried whatever addresses the like problem. Thing is, I have found no listings of the exact circumstances.

My Probook 450 will not boot. Turning the power on brings the screen immediately to life displaying nothing that I recognize. The Power, Wireless and Speaker LEDs are lit, but not blinking. The hard disk never engages. This is the screen that immediately displays:

Immediate Screen DisplayI have tried the "Hard" reset, removed peripherals and the battery, pressed Power for thirty seconds, tried Ctrl-Alt-Delete and F8 while it should be booting.

Any suggestions will be appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Your screen is destroyed im not sure what your trying to see?

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Your screen is destroyed im not sure what your trying to see?

HP Recommended

Thanks for answering. I didn't know the screen was destroyed and none of the lookups I found on here suggested that. I am attempting to solve this problem for a disabled senior and am not all that familiar with laptops, liquid crystal displays and if a machine is really booting because you can't see it. I am awarding you the "answer" because you are the only one who bothered to address the question. I "gave up" on ever getting an answer here, and earlier this morning discovered, with research online, that it was a liquid crystal display problem that would have been obvious to any of the fourteen people who viewed my post if they were at all familiar with laptops with liquid crystal displays. Now I am and if I were to ever visit this site again (doubtful) I would not feel it beneath me to mention the name of the problem that would have been immediately obvious upon seeing the picture. One of the biggest problems in "search" scenarios is that you must search for the correct term, something one is probably not going to have if they are looking for solution to something they don't understand.

HP Recommended

>>> Now I am and if I were to ever visit this site again (doubtful) ...

Welcome back (December 10, 2016).

From: http://www.hp.com/hpinfo/newsroom/press_kits/2013/SpringSMBNews/HPProBook450G0_datasheet.pdf

Ports and Connectors

2 USB 3.0 ports, 2 USB 2.0 ports, 1 HDMI 1.4a,12 1 VGA, 1 stereo microphone input, 1 headphone/line out, 1 RJ45 (Ethernet), 1 power connector

your (or does it belong to a "senior" ?) computer has one VGA output port -- connect any external computer-screen with a VGA-input port, power it on, and boot-up the computer.  It probably is booting normally, if you look at the "secondary" screen. Or, use an HDMI cable to connect the laptop to an HDMI-input port on any High-Definition Television, and tell the TV to connect to "HDMI-2" or "HDMI-3" source-ports (assuming that your Digital Cable Box is connected to "HDMI-1").

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.