Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
hp stream 11

trying to reset bios but there is an admin password that i do not know ... tried unlock codes from other post .. got system disabled 69339804

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

Enter this unlock passcode...

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15
HP Recommended

Hi:

Enter this unlock passcode...

HP Recommended

worked thanks 

I am in 

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

HP Recommended

also have an issue with a dim screen... any thoughts ?

screen seemed non functional so I bought a new one but futher trouble shooting with a strobe flashlight showed the screen working but without a backlight ...

I can run it fine with a HDMI to an external monitor ...

new screen had the same dim screen issue 

HP Recommended

Hi:

Unfortunately, I do not know would be the cause of that.

Could be a bad display inverter board If I had to guess.

HP Recommended

ok well I bought another laptop for parts that seems to be working can i just switch the flash drives ?

The one that died was win 8 with the win 10 upgrade 

one I bought that seems to have no hard ware issues is using Linux OS but it is locked with user name and password ...

Is there a way to copy the flash drives like in a standard laptop drive copy or do I physically have to do a hard swap???

HP Recommended

I guess you can try cloning the drive with a free cloning utility like Macrium Reflect and see if that works.

HP Recommended

thanks

HP Recommended

Anytime.

Glad to have been of assistance.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.