Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

Hi,

You're more than welcome :generic:

Best regards,

DP-K

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****

Windows Insider MVP

HP Recommended

I'm not understanding the instructions. I have a Touch Pad Driver that came with my computer; Is that what I uninstall?

I used the link you provided, and that product is installed now along with my Touch Pad Driver.

When I "Run as Administrator" I get an error "could not find OS specific setup program".

It doesn't make sense to install Synaptics and then unistall it??? 

HP Recommended

I hve problem with my HP ProBook 4310s, suddenly the touch pad not functioning. I hve tried to use the mouse (plug & play), but still cannot move the cursor. The 'device status' in 'Control Panel' stated: "windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing (code 39)".

Already tried to uninstall driver from 'Device Manager' & reinstall using 'Add hardware Wizard' but no changes.

Difficult to move around in the screen because everything had to depend on keyboard (arrow;ctrl;alt;esc button..etc). Had to use my other notebook to post this mail..!

Pls help..FYI, the operating system is Windows XP. TQ.

HP Recommended

Hi DavidPK

Will this same driver work for the HP dv7 Notebook QJ789AV??

Your help is appreciated. Typing with this touchpad issue is driving me crazy!!

Sincerely,

Marc

HP Recommended

New Update helped tremendously, The touchpad is more responsive and exact great update, Keep up the product support, which goes a long way in customer loyalty, Thanks C Clark

HP Recommended
Good old trackpad, or should I say software, I did a clean install of Windows 7 and it sorted it all out, My advice, ditch all the HP stuff and install a fresh copy of Windows 7, works for me.
HP Recommended

Hi. We just purchased the HP Pavilion dv7-6b57nr.   The touch pad is hyper-sensitivie which and for some reason leaps from where I am typing to another part of the page.  I have even lost portions of sentences when it does this.   Any ideas on how to resolve this?

Add'l info:   The pad is very close to the space bar.  I am lifting my hand as much as possible, but this problem is still occuring. 

MM

HP Recommended

i have a problem with my touchpad backlit

its turned off.. i have tried pressing fn+spacebar but nothing happened.

i updated synaptics driver but still the same result. what should i do? pls help.

i have a brand new HP Pavillion DV7 6c00TX

thx 

HP Recommended
I just bought my Pavilion Dv6 and there's a large spot in the middle that goes up toward the left corner that doesn't register being touched. Can I do this same thing or do I have to send the laptop back? This is my third laptop in a row that's had touchpad problems-a new trend in laptops? I hope not.
HP Recommended

How do I synchronize my touch pad from corner to corner both horizontally and vertically?  Basically reset.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.