Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Elitebook 820 G2
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello

I have several laptops models (Elitebook 820 G2; Elitebook 850 G2; EliteBook Folio 9470m; Zbook 17 G2) which don't want to boot in WinPE from the Windows Boot manager if SecureBoot is enabled.

Other Models like EliteBook Folio 1040 G1; ProBook 650 G1 works fine with enbaled UEFI and Secure Boot !!!

In my case I boot the UEFI computers with a USB stick and download the WinPE to the Windows Boot Manager (by MDT, confgmgr, SCCM]. But once the bootimage is on the systems and restart the computer to boot from the local Windows Boot Manager, it fails. A message appears: "No bootable image found, notebook will shutdown"

But WinPE was successfully downloaded into OS Boot Manager. I've checked the configuration with Bcdedit too.

USB Stick is formated with FAT32 and the local local disk is GPT. All looks good.

Interessting point is that if I login to the BIOS now and change the Secure Boot to "disable" the computer boot in WinPE immediately.

All Laptops have latest BIOS version. I've tried BIOS Factory defaults, Clear Secureboot Keys and Security defaults. Nothing changed if UEFI and Secure Boot is enabled.

It seems there are different SecureBoot checks implemented in different laptop models.

Has anyone a solution, similar experiences or an explanation ??

Thanks a lot in advance

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Did you ever get this problem solved? We encounter the same symptoms with 840 G1 - G3.

HP Recommended

Hi,

You need a partition of 2GB called HP_TOOLS on your primary drive, formatted in FAT32. Although I learned through experimentation that 1GB works without any problems.

http://h20566.www2.hp.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?docLocale=en_US&docId=emr_na-c03857419-1

Hope it help as much as it helps me few days ago when dealing with the same issue.

Best Regards

HP Recommended

Thanks for answer! I will try!

HP Recommended

After several months I found a workaround.

In my case I identified that HP is looking for an efi file in the wrong path while Booting.

My solution: I've created a package including my bootx64.efi file founded in my SCCM environment and added the package to my task sequence after the step partionining the disk and before the step Reboot into WinPE. The command of the package is copying the efi file to s:\efi\boot folder. which in my case not exists.

Hope this helps for you too

HP Recommended

We are seeing the same issue. I tried to copy the files but the S drive doesn't exist. Is it a partition?

HP Recommended

Hi Jeffdfield,

yes this is a partition. This partion is automatically created through the default SCCM UEFI partition step. Nothing special.

In my case it is called S: 

This partion will host the OS-Bootloader files later. These files will be copied by the SCCM step "Restart Computer" 

Hope this info would help you.

Best regards

Christian

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.