Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

i have this chromebook and the model hp 14-co15dx and when i plugit in with or without the battery theon button will flash one time nd pause for a few seconds and flash againoverand over.mi tried the 7 second and 15 second reset and the esc. reload and power button and nothing. i think i hear some buzzing noise around the right speaker area. so is this a repair that can be done with some keystrokes or might it be deeper and i have a parts machine? thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @corvairbob,

Thank you for the update. I see that it was the motherboard causing the issue and that cleaning up the spill did not help. 😞  

To say thanks for helping, please consider clicking the "Thumbs Up Icon" below.

Sparkles1

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi@corvairbob,

Thank you for your query.  HP does not support the Chrome OS. However here are some links that I think may help:

HP Chrome OS - Frequently Asked Questions about Your HP Chromebook or Chromebox
HP Chromebooks - Chromebook Does Not Start (Chrome OS)

HP Chromebook and Chromebox - Performing a System Recovery (Chrome OS)

HP Chromebook and Chromebox - Troubleshooting Hardware Issues Using Diagnostics

If you determine it is a hardware issue, please contact HP Support for service options. Contact HP Support  Fill out the online form and follow the prompts.  If it is not a hardware issue, please contact Chrome support for further assistance.  Chrome Help - Google Help

To express appreciation for my post please click the Thumbs Up Icon.  If my post resolves the issue you are experiencing, please click "Accept as Solution" to help others find what worked for you!

Sparkles1

HP Recommended

ok i got this chrome from ebay and they said it one day just stopped. so i figured maybe a hard reset with the on esc and reload buttons. well that failed and i asked here about other methods. well it turns out they spilled something sticky on the unit and it must have shorted out the mother bd. i took it apart and found the keyboard was gummed up and then more itno it found the mother bd had sticky spots also. i tried washing and drying it but it must have shorted out a componet and i'm not digging that deep so this will be appasrt unit for other one i get later. thanks for the help.

HP Recommended

Hi @corvairbob,

Thank you for the update. I see that it was the motherboard causing the issue and that cleaning up the spill did not help. 😞  

To say thanks for helping, please consider clicking the "Thumbs Up Icon" below.

Sparkles1

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.