Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
I am using a dv6626us model laptop. Other than performance issues like being slow to respond and other usual problems related to old age, the laptop was performing fine until 2 months back from when a peculiar issue has started. The laptop does not wake up from sleep no matter what is pressed. The power light just keeps blinking, and I have to disconnect all power source to switch it off.after this 'force' switch off, the laptop just wouldn't start. I have to do the holding the power button technique, tapping the laptop from all possible direction, and may be swinging it in the air, and with some luck and god's help (I don't believe in god), the laptop would start.<br>When the problem appeared , I was using Ubuntu 14.04 and Linux mint dual boot and the screen would flash multiple times while loading the Ubuntu screen and with some misfortune, it would go back to the permanent sleep, again. After following the above procedure to revive, I would then run it in failsafe mode, and it just runs normally.<br>I thought this was an Ubuntu issue as the way graphics is called by the kernel differs in Ubuntu from windows and so reinstalled windows from recovery. The installation was smooth and the flashing screen did not appear this time while loading windows and everything was fine until the laptop slept (I had forgotten to disable auto sleep mode). It is now in the comatose stage again and I have been trying voodoo, black magic, battery removed static charge removal technique and everything else. May be it might start running after some luck assists me.<br>I have seen in some Intel forums that there are problems of similar kind but I haven't come across thus exact problem in any other forums. Now I wouldn't mind dumping this and buying a new laptop but other than this starting trouble there seems to be no fault in the laptop. So, if anyone could help, it would be great.<br>Is it the bios battery, Intel chip issue, software issue, hardware issue?<br>Thanks in advance.<br>Sorry for the long story.<br>NG
4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi @ngkiling ,

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forums and Welcome. I have read about your HP Pavilion dv6-6b26us Notebook and getting a blank or black screen on startup. Try to turn on the computer you start to press F11 repeatedly till the menu opens. You can do a system restore. System restore will help if something automatically updated and did not go well on the Notebook. When performing a hard reset please note remove any and all USB devices. Disconnect all non-essential devices.

Hope this is helpful.

Thanks.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom left to say “Thanks” for helping.:smileyhappy:

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

Thanks I have problem getting my hp stream 14 to come on ,, it's only 1 week old ..light on an screen only lights up for 1 second then goes off ,, any advice would be great ..

HP Recommended
Thanks for the response, but that is not the issue. The laptop works fine, the moment the power reaches the mother board. I am talking about the issue being no power goes into the mother board. As I have told before it is not a permanent problem. With the same adapter, same battery and without changing any hardware, the laptop starts, I.e, it receives power. This cannot be a software issue as I have tried this with multiple operating systems.
Thanks
HP Recommended

Hi @ngkiling ,

Please call our technical support at 800-474-6836. If you live outside the US/Canada Region, please click the link to get the support number for your region. They will be happy to assist you immediately.

Thanks.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom left to say “Thanks” for helping.:smileyhappy:

I work on behalf of HP
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.