Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

HP G62T -350 CTO

Product Number WV689AV

Windows 7 64 bit

start-up test  DST failure code: QAGG5L-SG65RP-XD003A-60TL03

What does this code mean and can I fix this myself? Product is under warranty

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

The 303 error would indicate a Hard Drive failure, so this will need to be replaced.

This is a straight forward piece of Hardware to change, but first you will need to contact HP and arrange to have a new Hard Drive sent to you under warranty - you normally have to pay a small deposit, which is refunded when you return the failed HDD.

If you live in the US, contact HP Here.

If you are in another part of the world, start Here.

Once you receive the new HDD, the procedure to replace it is shown starting on Page 52 of your Maintenance & Service Guide.

Once done, simply use your Recovery DVDs to reinstall the Operating System on the new drive.

If you don't have your Recovery Discs, you can order a replacement set using the link below, but if you need to, I would recommend ordering them when you contact HP regarding the HDD replacement.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c00810334

Regards,

DP-K

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****

Windows Insider MVP

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi,

Run the following test as it should produce a more recognisable error code.

Shutdown the notebook.  Tap away at f10 as you start the notebook to enter the bios menu.  Under the Advanced or Diagnostic tab you should find the facility to run a test on the Hard Drive.  Post back with the details of any error messages.

Regards,

DP-K

Windows Insider MVP

HP Recommended

It did not seem to run the test. Just put up a screen Hard Disk 1 Quick (303)

and OK; when I pressed OK it went back to the original diagnostic menu screen so I ran the Hard Disk self test again and received the same screen.

HP Recommended

Hi,

The 303 error would indicate a Hard Drive failure, so this will need to be replaced.

This is a straight forward piece of Hardware to change, but first you will need to contact HP and arrange to have a new Hard Drive sent to you under warranty - you normally have to pay a small deposit, which is refunded when you return the failed HDD.

If you live in the US, contact HP Here.

If you are in another part of the world, start Here.

Once you receive the new HDD, the procedure to replace it is shown starting on Page 52 of your Maintenance & Service Guide.

Once done, simply use your Recovery DVDs to reinstall the Operating System on the new drive.

If you don't have your Recovery Discs, you can order a replacement set using the link below, but if you need to, I would recommend ordering them when you contact HP regarding the HDD replacement.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c00810334

Regards,

DP-K

Windows Insider MVP

HP Recommended

I recieved this error code on my DST: BIOHD-8. What does that mean? I'm using windows 7.

HP Recommended

Hello 29Monk61,

I see that you are having a problem with an error code on your HP computer.

The error code you are receiving is indicative of a hard drive failure. Most likely the hard drive will need to be replaced on the computer.

Signature
↙-----------How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved? ----------------↓

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.