Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

How to install these drivers do i have to uninstall the previous ati radeon drivers from the notebook or overwrite the previous installed drivers..help..

HP Recommended

Btw, that new 11.11c driver you posted on megaupload.com isn't working now.

HP Recommended

The driver given does not work. HP really needs to support its drivers and not just slash and burn. They also need to give better bioses. We are just stuck with hardware that wont work because there are no drivers.

The driver in the link does not work at all. Windows 7 wont allow you to use the driver. The ati setup utility does not actually install any drivers when you use the setup installer. At least on the 64 bit which i use.

HP Recommended
Spongewardk did you actually follow the steps given in the earlier posts? You're not supposed to use catalyst control center to install ur supposed to go into device manager and manually install the driver. Please read first.
HP Recommended

I did try to manually install, it just comes out errors.

HP Recommended
Ill try again just tobe sure.
HP Recommended

Thanks for the updated driver.  I think I was able to install it successfully, however I am still experiencing the same issues as before.  If I turn Power Play on in the Catalyst Control Center, my graphics are top-notch (med-high to high settings on games like Skyrim) with little or no FPS issues.  Everything looks great and controls are smooth, however my Core Temp readings are pushing 90+ degrees Celsius and the fan sounds like 747 on take off.  If I disable Power Play, my fps drops dramatically and controls/movement are choppy, with temps in the 65-78 degree range, even with graphics settings at the bare minimum.

I realize this is a laptop and I should not expect to enjoy top of the line graphics, but I find it hard to believe there is no way to better balance performance & graphics to a more enjoyable level; I would be thrilled with smooth gameplay at medium graphics settings, and without my CPU frying.

I have a Pavilion dv6 entertainment notebook with an ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5650 (switchable graphics).  I have updated the BIOS in addition to the driver posted earlier in this thread, however it still seems to be using the old version of CCC, so I'm not sure if the new driver installed properly.  And yes, I have used compressed air on the interior of the laptop, and I have a cooling pad with an extra fan to help with heat issues.

HP's failure to provide us with driver updates (or at least allow us to use updates straight from AMD) while seemingly ignoring this problem means this is the last HP I will ever purchase, which is a shame because apart from this issue I have been happy with this laptop.  But for now I'm stuck with what I have, and any advice on how I can get it working better would be much appreciated.

*EDIT* I followed the instructions at the following link (make sure to install on top of the most recent driver HP provides!) and was able to install the driver successfully, including the most recent version of CCC: http://www.hardwareheaven.com/mobility-radeon-drivers-support/206549-ati-catalyst-mobility-11-11-dis...

After installing the new driver, there has been an obvious improvement in my performance and my temps have dropped about 5 degrees across the board, but I still experience excellent graphics/performance but high temps (around 85 degrees) with Power Play enabled and low fps (even at low graphics settings) with it disabled.  Any advice on how to fix this?

HP Recommended
If the new one doesn't work try downloading the other file he posted (before this most recent one). That's what I used and it worked.
HP Recommended

It just says windows has determined this driver to be up to date, and refuses to update.

HP Recommended

Hi everyone, I have been following these post very carefully, and I just wanted to make certain, would any of these tips and files apply to my situation (updating the driver? andall)

I am running HP pavillion dv7-4070us, which contains ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5650 and also the intel HD graphics card too (switchable graphics fyi). I would love to help/support if necessary since obviously this is out of the ears of HP. Thanks!

(any instructions or anything that could help to make modded files and such would be greatly appreciated! 

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.