Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended

Hi! HP laptop 9470M shows "ME State Recovery Mode" when powered on. How can I turn it off? Thanks!!!

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi

This issue is caused due to a BIOS issue on the note book.. What you can try is..

Try to go into BIOS(F10 on startup) and see if you can restore defaults(F9)

If not go to the link below and choose the OS you use and Download and update BIOS

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/DriverDownload.jsp?prodNameId=5271147&locale=en_us&...

Or you will have to Reset The CMOS that is remove it and put it back in and Boot the unit.

For more info

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/DocumentIndex.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&contentType=Support...

Hope this helps.

***** Click the Thumbs UP (Like) on the Right to say 'Thanks'*****

****Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer “Accept as Solution”&"Thumbs up "if it solves your problem.****

-VJ

Although I am an HP Employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.

HP Recommended

I resetted the BIOS to factory default, updated the BIOS version to 68 and removed the CMOS battery from the system board. However the problem is still there. The laptop will show "ME State in Recovery Mode" once it had been powered on. Any sugguestion please?!

HP Recommended

Hi HSKWAN,

I understand that you are having an error 'ME State in Recovery Mode”, and that you have already updated the bios and removed the CMOS battery. At this point because these steps have not resolved the issue, the best option would be to contact the HP Enterprise Business Community Forum. This forum may have more insight into the issue, as well there may also be a solution there for this specific issue.

Thank you

I worked on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

I installed all the downloads for the 9470m "ME" Management Engine software - even the firmware update that was there for ME. Still came up with ME state recovery mode. Updated the BIOS and reset to defaults - same error. In the BIOS there was a "Reset Security Defaults". I did that and now the ME boot error is gone. 

HP Recommended

Hi perry1291! Thanks for you info! I tried to "Restore Security Defaults" in BIOS but it didn't resolve the issue.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.