Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Probook 6550b
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello! I noticed some of my keys were a bit crunchy when typing on my Probook 6550b. Upon further inspection I realized there's a lot of junk in between the keys though they are relatively clean on the outside. The cracks are really small, so I was wondering if you could pop the keys out like on recent models so I can clean them without having to disassemble the whole thing.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@akmgjhao032 

The only laptops I know of that have keys that can be safely removed are high-end Gaming laptops, as they are DESIGNED to have replaceable keys and you can actually buy keysets for them.

The best way to clean is with a can of compressed air you get from office supply stores.  Any liquid on the keyboard, not matter how little, risks leaking down to the circuit board and that will fry the laptop.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

Thank you, I was a bit confused because there are a lot of tutorials on how to remove HP laptop keys for cleaning (including official tutorials from HP, I believe) or replacement. I will definitely try using compressed air when the current situation is over and I can buy some.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.