Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Pavilion DM4 3010tx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

After upgrading my OS from Win7 to Win 10, Authentec Fingerprint sensor stopped working after few days. I tried Reinstalling the driver, but that doesn't work.  Is there an updated driver that would work?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @Elbaros

Welcome to the HP Forums! 

I understand that your Authentic Fingerprint sensor stopped working, after upgrading from Windows 7 to Windows 10 on your HP Pavilion DM4 3010tx Notebook. I am happy to help! 

The only drivers that are available for this Notebook, are done through Windows 10 Updates. According to this guide, Where Do I Find Windows 10 Drivers and Software for My Model?

Most likely it is not working due to not having a Windows 10 driver available. Please make sure your Windows 10 is up-to-date

Otherwise, I would recommend to rollback to Windows 7.

Please remember to return to this thread and mark 'Accept as Solution', if I have successfully helped you resolve the issue. If you wish to say 'thanks' for my effort to help, click the 'thumbs up' to give me a Kudos.

Hope this post helps! 🙂

RnRMusicMan
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" to say “Thanks” for helping!

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.