Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP g6t-1b00 CTO
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I replaced the battery with a new Duracell battery yesterday.  I need to charge at least 4 hours first then discharge it.  When charging the light is usually amber, but after about 1 hour into the charge it begins blinking and the color changes to white.  This is the second battery.  It did almost the same thing with the other one, but the charging indicator also read incorrectly.  What can I do to correct this?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

The replacement Duracell battery did not work.  I attempted the recalibration several times and ended up with the same issue.  I have had a Duracell replacement on another HP recently and it worked fine.  I will chalk it up to differences in the two laptops I have.  I did order the HP replacement and it works fine now.  The only real issue there is I can't order the longer lasting one since it is no longer offered by HP.  A small trade off.  Thanks for the help.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

HI @Tom2rn,

Thank you for your inquiry. I understand that you need to replace your battery. You purchased a Duracell battery as a replacement, but it needs to be charged for at least 4 hours and then discharged. When charging the light is usually amber, but after about 1 hour into the charge it begins blinking and the color changes to white. This is the second battery with the same issue. 

I suggest you get a recommended replacement battery. HP cannot guarantee how others will perform. Here is a link to HP Notebook PCs - Purchasing a Replacement Battery. There is also a link to help with testing and calibrating the battery in the document for your convenience. Here is a link to the HP Pavilion G6 Notebook PC Maintenance and Service Guide, please see chapter 4, page 40 for the recommended replacement batteries and their specifications. I hope this helped. 

If this post helps you to resolve the issue, please pay it forward by clicking "Accept as Solution", to the right of the Thumbs up icon. You can click the Thumbs Up Icon” to show gratitude! 🙂

Sparkles1

HP Recommended

The replacement Duracell battery did not work.  I attempted the recalibration several times and ended up with the same issue.  I have had a Duracell replacement on another HP recently and it worked fine.  I will chalk it up to differences in the two laptops I have.  I did order the HP replacement and it works fine now.  The only real issue there is I can't order the longer lasting one since it is no longer offered by HP.  A small trade off.  Thanks for the help.

HP Recommended

Hi @Tom2rn,

Thank you for the update. I am glad your difficulty has been overcome. If you believe that I provided the solution, please consider marking my post as "Accepted Solution " to help other visitors and members alike to find this information should they have a similar or the same issues.   

Sparkles1

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.