Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP 2000 Notebook PC
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I recently had to buy a new charger and battery for my laptop which worked great at first, no problems until a few days ago.
I restarted, and scanned as well as switched the battery out with a friends just to see if it was an issue with my laptop, but it's not, it's the battery. My new battery. It will charge up to, but not exceeding 40% before it simply says 'Plugged in, not charging'.
I'm not sure what to try, or if the battery is just messed up and there's nothing I can do about it.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @Banedom

Thanks for getting back to me. Based on the calibration test results, it would appear the battery has some sort of failure.

If you are going to replace the battery, make sure you are using the correct replacement battery for your Notebook you can locate the compatible parts here.

Thanks!

Please click the Thumbsup.JPG below to show you like/appreciate my post or to simply say thanks!

Please share what worked for you with others by marking the post as solved by clicking the Accept as Solution button.

Thanks - I work on behalf of HP

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hello @Banedom

Welcome to the HP Support Forums. You will find a great community and helpful information here!

I understand you are having an issue on the HP 2000 notebook where the battery is not charging properly. 

Which specific model of HP 2000 notebook do you have?

If you haven't already, you may want to try doing a hard reset on the system. 

Here is a document on how you can test and calibrate the battery. The document is for Windows 7 but if you are using another version please let me know and I can provide a different link for you. 

You can also follow this document to attempt to improve the battery performance. 

I look forward to hearing back from you on the results!

If you want to say thanks, as you found this information helpful, please click the Thumbs Up and if this helped you resolve the issue please be sure to click to Accept as Solution!

Thanks!

I have also sent this as a Private Message.

Please click the Thumbsup.JPG below to show you like/appreciate my post or to simply say thanks!

Please share what worked for you with others by marking the post as solved by clicking the Accept as Solution button.

HP Recommended

@Blitzgaming

I tried calibrating the battery as you suggested, but after a few minutes into the calibration, it says 'Battery Calibration : SOFTWARE ERROR'. Any suggestions?IMG_20160610_143911.jpg

Update: My mother decided she could fix it and now it says 'Battery Status: Replace (42)'

HP Recommended

Hi @Banedom

Thanks for getting back to me. Based on the calibration test results, it would appear the battery has some sort of failure.

If you are going to replace the battery, make sure you are using the correct replacement battery for your Notebook you can locate the compatible parts here.

Thanks!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.