Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

READ THIS.  It is a good fix (provided by Costco Technical Support Concierge Services).  This worked for Windows 10 on my new HP laptop:

Go to Device Manager (on your start screen)

Under the File menu, scroll down and double click on Batteries

Right click on ACPI-Conpliant Control Method battery, and uninstall it.

Turn your computer off.  Pop the battery off the back.  Unplug it from the charger.  Hold down the power button for a full minute.  Put the battery back on, plug it back into the charger, and it should be taking a charge.

It worked!

HP Recommended

Thank you so much - you're a saver! 😄 

HP Recommended

"Welcome to the HP Forums!Smiley Happy

"It is a terrific place to find answers."

At least for this issue, ALL of the posts from the support personnel have been completely worthless.  It sounds like there's a problem but HP has decided to try and pretend it doesn't exist.

HP Recommended

Hi, I have the same problem, does anyone have some way of fixing it? 

chargers pin is ok.

Uninstalled and install AC adapters drivers

so maybe some thoughts ?

thanks

HP Recommended

@TerriJL wrote:

READ THIS.  It is a good fix (provided by Costco Technical Support Concierge Services).  This worked for Windows 10 on my new HP laptop:

Go to Device Manager (on your start screen)

Under the File menu, scroll down and double click on Batteries

Right click on ACPI-Conpliant Control Method battery, and uninstall it.

Turn your computer off.  Pop the battery off the back.  Unplug it from the charger.  Hold down the power button for a full minute.  Put the battery back on, plug it back into the charger, and it should be taking a charge.

It worked!

SOLVED READ HIS POST AND TRY BEFORE YOU BREAK SOMETHING!!!!

ok I have the Envy 360 notebook touch smart installed battery so it cannot be removed...blinking white light

Devise Manager

Batteries

uninstall

shut downby holding in power

unplug....still holding in power

light goesout

replug...orange light

powerss on and 1 hr 36 min to full charge

not sure if i need to reinstall what ever i uninstalled but it works for now

Blessings

HP Recommended
I've recently bought my envy 17 and for the last week I've had the problem of only charging when the laptop is off and when I turn it on the the light turns from an orange to flashing white! I have bought a new charger and checked the pins for alignment and all is good but still I have the problem! Any help would be appreciated
HP Recommended

I was having this exact same issue. Started happening to me last night. Your comment helped me solve my problem!!! I was freaking out thinking it was the actual machine that was having the issue. I readjusted the pin in my charger and everything is now working just fine!

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.