Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion x2 12 b003tu
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

I recently bought the pavilion x2 12 detachable b003tu. I was having a strange problem. When I fully charged the device, the battery reduced directly from 100% to 93% without the anything in between. I contacted Hp technical support. They gave me some intel driver updates and BIOS update. After doing that the battery issue was not resolved. However the battery backup drastically reduced by 2 hours. I did a factory reset and updated to my previous BIOS but the issue was not resolved.

Now I am having another problem apart from the battery issue. Usually Microsoft downloads updates when the Battery Saver option is turned off. My battery saver option is turned off but then also when I open the Update page it says "Battery Saver option is turned on" and will update after the mode is turned off. The same message is displayed even when I plug in the power adapter. Hence Microsoft is unable to download any updates. Pls help.

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi @independentguy,

Welcome to the HP Forums!

I read your post and wanted to reach out to help you! In your post, you had said that currently your HP Pavilion x2 12-b003tu Notebook is having a battery issue. First remove the battery. In the Device Manager, expand the Batteries section by clicking the little icon to the left of the word Batteries. Right-click Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery and select Uninstall.Restart the Notebook. Once the Notebook has come all the way back up, shut it down and remove the AC adapter. Put in the Battery and AC adapter turn on the Notebook.

Plug the power adapter directly into a different wall outlet. Do not plug it into a power strip, surge protector, or secondary power source as this could cause and issue.

Then go into your power options.
Select Balanced and click Change plan settings.
Click Change advanced power settings.
Look for processor power management, click it.
Click Maximum process state.
Change the AC adapter to 99%

Here is a link to the Windows Update Troubleshooter. It is a download that will help fix issues that might be causing issues with updates.

Please let me know how this goes.

If you wish to say Thanks for my effort to help, click the Thumbs up to give me a Kudos.

Thanks.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom left to say “Thanks” for helping.:smileyhappy:

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended
Since the battery is sealed inside, it would not be wise to remove it myself. I think I need to call a HP professional for that. But can you pls read the next part of my question as stated above and tell me if it has got anything to do with the battery and if that can be solved first?
HP Recommended

Hey @independentguy,

Yes, you could try the above battery method without removing the battery. Everything could be relevant. But fixing the battery first then try the other troubleshooter.

Let me know.

Thanks.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom left to say “Thanks” for helping.:smileyhappy:

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

Can I first try the above procedure without removing the battery and see that if the battery life has improved or not??

HP Recommended

Hey @independentguy,

Yes please do try that.

Let me know.

Thanks.

I work on behalf of HP
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.