Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP X2 PAVILION 13-R100DX 13.3"
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have asked this question last January and never received an answer back on the forum although almost 200 people have also looked at my question probably looking for the same answer. I bought this 2 in 1 laptop/tablet last December and nobody has given me the correct answer as to what stylus IS COMPATIBLE for it. I have called tech support and sales numerous times to try and get help from HP and nobody seems to know the answer, they just give me a guess. I purchase what they have told me in the past and of course it doesn't work. So if there is someone who actually knows what they are talking about and can test out to see what stylus will work for this laptop/tablet before giving me a guess that would be great! I have an HP Pavilion x2 13.3" 2-in-1 laptop, 13-R100DX and would like to know what stylus would work for writing not painting or drawing. I have Windows 10 downloaded on my tablet and would like to know also what apps will the stylus work best on from the Microsoft Store that I can download in order to do so. It would also be nice if there is palm rejection included in the stylus because I do a lot of writing. I don't care if it is an HP product or not or how much it costs but I expect a guarantee that this stylus is going to work. I know I have been told in the past that tech doesn't know about any other stylus outside of HP but I also don't want to be given a serial number to special order a product and if it doesn't work I am going to be told that I can't then return the stylus to get my money back. It states it on the hp website that if you are going to special order a specific product that you can't return it. So, since that is the case your tech support should TEST out the styluls on this computer before making me purchase something I can't return or have to return because your staff hasn't been educated on what products are compatible with your computer devices. This is absolutely obsurd that I have had this computer for 10 months and NOT a single person can help me to give me the right answer. I am very, very disappointed in HP customer care but more important it is HP who is responsible for not being able to help me of the 10 times I have called to try and get the help I needed and have your employees informed what products are compatible with your computers. As you can see, I have tried everything and can't get help. So please, I don't care what it costs just please help me find a compatible stylus for this tablet with the microsoft apps that are available or that I can purchase through the microsoft store to make the stylus work for me.

Thank you!

The stylus that I have tried but were not compatible were:

Dot Pen

HP Active Stylus- I was told by your sales dept. that this would work, received it to only find out it also wasn't working

Adonit Jot Pro Fine point stylus-contacted the company they sent me new tips with tricks to try and get it to work, it still didn't work

Generic rubber tip stylus-obviously you know how these work

The stylus companies that I have reached out to for help but was told are not compatible are:

Wacom

Other Adonit stylus

Regear

HP Spectre x2- I was told by your tech support this would work, found out it wasn't compatible

HP Active Pen- I was told by your tech support this would work, found out it wasn't compatible

Lynktec

Fifty-Three

Dell stylus

Stilo- I emailed the company they said they were not certain it would work

Samsung

Microsoft-I reached out to tech support to see if there pens would work was told no and that they couldn't help me that I needed to contact HP tech support for that help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@ad52001

I can't say with any certainty that a screen with digitizer could be purchased that would work on your model- but usually a replacement screen for laptop is $300-$400.

Your Maintenance & Service guide only shows one display for your X2:

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-pavilion-13-r100-x2-detachable-pc/7234918/model/7450249/manu...

**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue**
***Click the "YES" button if you think this response was helpful.***

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

did you ever find one that works

HP Recommended

No, it will be 2 years this December that I have had this computer and not one of there technicians or sales persons knows anything about what stylus would be compatible with this computer. I tried emailing all of the different stylus companies myself to see if they would know if one of there stylus would work and not one of them would work. I called there customer service line literally about 10 times regarding this issue and nobody knows anything. I have even tried to contact there corporate number and spoke to a few different agents of whom knew nothing about this computer and what was compatible. I have owned computers since they first came out and I have never crossed the worst customer service and unknowledgable staff as I have with HP. Believe me no matter how much you try on your own to find a stylus that is compatible you will not find it, so save your time and breath on this issue. I have purchased numerous stylus off Amazon on my own from the cheap one's and up to the $150 line and nothing works with this computer 2 in 1 tablet. I tell you what I will never ever again in my life purchase any HP product whatsoever in my life ever again. That is just how bad that they are. If I were you and you are still under warranty return it and get yourself a different computer that comes with a stylus or at least go to a store like Best Buy where they will allow you to try out different stylus with the tablet before you purchase it. That is the honest truth! Sorry for responding so late to your message. I wish you luck!

HP Recommended

@ad52001

Your model evidently doesn't have the digitizer to work with an active stylus. It is not on the compatibilty list:

https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c05166879

Sorry, I didn't see your post before now.

HP Recommended

Would I be able to purchase a new screen that has the built in digitizer to work with an active stylus? Do you have any idea what it would cost to do something like that or am I better off just purchasing a new 2 in 1 laptop?

HP Recommended

@ad52001

I can't say with any certainty that a screen with digitizer could be purchased that would work on your model- but usually a replacement screen for laptop is $300-$400.

Your Maintenance & Service guide only shows one display for your X2:

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-pavilion-13-r100-x2-detachable-pc/7234918/model/7450249/manu...

HP Recommended

Thank you for all of your help, I appreciate it. Yes, that would just be a replacement screen. I might as well purchase a 2 in 1 tablet for $400 brand new than to spend it on a screen but it won't be an HP. I do appreciate your help though, it's amazing that none of the empoloyees that I had spoken to in course of a year when I first purchased this could tell me that but I am glad that you reached out to let me know and am thankful for your help. So, thank you.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.