Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
hp pavilion 14-n231tu
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Can I install NVIDIA Graphics Driver - Skylake and Intel High-Definition (HD) Graphics Driver together ?

in this link i found  2 Graphics driver

one is Intel HD Graphics and another is NVIDIA Graphics Driver - Skylake.

Which one is great ?

i am currently running on Intel HD Graphics

I also play quite video games

so in your opinion which one is suitable for me ?

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

Below is the link to the product specs page for your notebook.

http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?docId=emr_na-c04168240

Your notebook does not come with an Intel Skylake chipset (that would have an Intel 6th generation core processor).

Your notebook only has the onboard Intel 4400 HD graphics, so the nvidia graphics driver on your notebook's support page is not applicable to your model.

HP puts all of the available drivers on every model 14-n### support page.  Some models do have the Intel/Nvidia switchable graphics.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi:

Below is the link to the product specs page for your notebook.

http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?docId=emr_na-c04168240

Your notebook does not come with an Intel Skylake chipset (that would have an Intel 6th generation core processor).

Your notebook only has the onboard Intel 4400 HD graphics, so the nvidia graphics driver on your notebook's support page is not applicable to your model.

HP puts all of the available drivers on every model 14-n### support page.  Some models do have the Intel/Nvidia switchable graphics.

HP Recommended
Is there any way to switch ?
HP Recommended

You would need to replace the entire motherboard with one listed in the service manual for your notebook that comes with the nvidia graphics.

This would cost almost as much as buying a new notebook with the graphics you want.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.