Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion gaming notebook 15-ak030nd (pn: P0U53EA#ABH)
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Dear Experts,

Is it possible to upgrade my HP Pavilion gaming notebook 15-ak030nd (pn: P0U53EA#ABH) with Intel® Optane™ Memory RAM Module or combined with a new SSD or combined with the original  Seagate ST1000LM014-1EJ164-SSHD - 931,51 GB?  Or other options?

product page:

https://support.hp.com/gb-en/product/hp-pavilion-gaming-15-ak000-notebook/8610971/model/9044547

yours sincerely  ,

Pieter

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Yes, chapter 1 of the manual indicates you can have 2 x 8 GB of memory in your notebook for a total of 16 GB.

View solution in original post

64 REPLIES 64
HP Recommended

Hi, Pieter:

Below is the link to the service manual for your notebook.

HP Pavilion Gaming Notebook Maintenance and Service Guide

The supported M.2 drives can be found in chapter 1.  SATA only.

Intel Optane requires NVMe support, so an Optane memory module will not work in your notebook.

I recommend that you open up the notebook and make sure the M.2 slot is there before buying a M.2 SATA SSD.

HP Recommended

thanks for the fast answer, I'll check it out right now

HP Recommended

so I just can put another 8gb ddr3-L 1600 in? 

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Yes, chapter 1 of the manual indicates you can have 2 x 8 GB of memory in your notebook for a total of 16 GB.

HP Recommended

NVMe is ssd disk and RAM in 1 connection ? 

HP Recommended

all right thanx

And M2 is that smaller space /connection where you can put that type of ssd on? (and you can still leave the sata sshd in)??

I'm going to open it up see if I can find M2

HP Recommended

And I suppose I can't change a DDR3-1600 for a DDR3-2133?

HP Recommended

Hi:

NVMe is the communications standard, just like SATA is a communications standard.

Intel Optane memory needs the NVMe speed and your notebook, if it has a M.2 slot, is SATA only.

Here is what Optane memory is...

Intel® Optane™ Memory—Revolutionary Memory

A good question...You could install DDR3L-2133 memory in your notebook, but would it run at 2133 MHz, or even 1866 MHz?

DDR3L-2133 memory is very expensive.  You can expect to pay at least 60 euros for an 8 GB memory chip and you would need two of them, and it may be a complete waste of money if you find out they only run at 1600 MHz.

That I do not know.  Your notebook's processor can run the memory at 2133 MHz, according to the specs.

Intel® Core™ i5-6300HQ Processor (6M Cache, up to 3.20 GHz) Product Specifications

HP Recommended

is this what I'm looking for?is this what I'm looking for?20210127_232818.jpg20210127_231657.jpgInked20210128_011943_LI.jpg

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.