Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP 15-n225TU
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have 2 questions.

1 : Can i install a new graphic card in my laptop?

Currently it is having an integrated graphic processor(Intel HD 4400).

2 : Will the gaming experience improve if I upgrade the RAM?

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Not a lot of good news. 

1. No. There is no "card". The video is a chip soldered into the motherboard. There is no physical means to remove it and put something else in there. Theoretically there are motherboards which would fit your laptop that have somewhat better graphics but generally the cost of such a motherboard swap is prohibitive and it is not a good value for the money. The graphics is still not really good, just somewhat better. 

2. Depends. If the system is memory choked then yes adding memory will help gaming and everything else. 8 gigs is the sweet spot these days, and you have 4. Adding a second 4 gig module would allow dual channel memory which is maybe 10-15% faster in memory operations.  But do not expect any kind of major improvement. It will be a very subtle improvement in the way the game loads but the frame rate of game play will not really change. 

If this is "the Answer" please click "Accept as Solution" to help others find it. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Not a lot of good news. 

1. No. There is no "card". The video is a chip soldered into the motherboard. There is no physical means to remove it and put something else in there. Theoretically there are motherboards which would fit your laptop that have somewhat better graphics but generally the cost of such a motherboard swap is prohibitive and it is not a good value for the money. The graphics is still not really good, just somewhat better. 

2. Depends. If the system is memory choked then yes adding memory will help gaming and everything else. 8 gigs is the sweet spot these days, and you have 4. Adding a second 4 gig module would allow dual channel memory which is maybe 10-15% faster in memory operations.  But do not expect any kind of major improvement. It will be a very subtle improvement in the way the game loads but the frame rate of game play will not really change. 

If this is "the Answer" please click "Accept as Solution" to help others find it. 

HP Recommended

Is it okay if i use a 4Gig and an 8 Gig modules of RAM together ? I.e. putting a 4 GB module in one port and an 8 GB module in the other one.

HP Recommended

OK but will not run in dual channel. Perhaps perversely, the laptop may run better on 8 gigs than 12 because of this. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.