Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP ENVY Laptop 13-ah0xxx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi!

The information on my laptop says I should use 19.5 V/3.33A charger. Would a 19.5 V/2.31A  one also work or can it cause any damage to the computer?  I am using HP Envy 13.

I lost mine and have  a spare one with the lower amps. 

Thank you!!

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

You can use it but it probably won't charge the battery and run the laptop at the same time. You'll also get an error message when you first power up.

You provided a Model number 13-ah0xxx, if this is your laptop - https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-envy-13-ah0000-laptop-pc-series/20283122/manuals the Service Manual shows the following-

AC adapter:
65-W HP Smart AC adapter non-PFC, EM, RC, 4.5-mm 913691-850
65-W HP USB Type-C adapter, non-PFC, 4.5-mm, with mount L24008-001

I see the first one listed for $25 on eBay,  an OEM HP adapter. Aftermarket ones are half that, but lesser quality.

Volunteering here is my therapy
17-cp0097er
HP Envy 27-b014
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.