Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Envy 13 X360 13-ay0009na
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello. Have recently recieved my new HP Envy and am very happy so far. The only gripe I have at the moment is that if the device goes to sleep while in tablet mode, there seems to be no way to wake it without having to put it back into laptop mode when the keyboard is activated. Is there a way to wake it while in tablet mode?

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi @ZakkKaye

I read your query and I'd like to help.

Try the below steps to resolve the error -

Step 1: Restart the computer

Restarting your computer erases all information in the computer memory, which might restore functionality.

If the issue persists after restarting the computer, continue to the next step.

Step 2: Enable the keyboard to wake the computer

Enabling your keyboard to wake your computer from sleep mode might resolve the issue.

1. In Windows, search for and open the Device Manager.

2. Click the arrow next to Keyboards, and then double-click the name of your keyboard.

Keyboards selection in the Device Manager window

3. Click the Power management tab.

If the Power Management tab is not available, click the Change Settings button. The same Keyboard Properties window opens with the Power Management tab available.

If you are prompted for an Administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

4. Select the box next to Allow this device to wake the computer.

Allow this device to wake the computer selection in the Power Management tab

5. Click OK.

If the issue persists after setting the keyboard to wake the computer from sleep mode, continue to the next step.

Step 3: Check for Windows updates

Having the most current software and drivers installed on your computer might resolve the issue. Choose your operating system below for steps to check for updates using Windows Update.

Windows 10

Find and install updated software and hardware drivers for your computer with Windows 10.

NOTE: 

To learn how to manage your update preferences, go to the Advanced options section.

1. In Windows, search for and open Windows Update settings.

2. Click Check for updates. If there are any available updates, they begin installing automatically.

Windows Update window

3. After the updates install, restart your computer, if necessary.

Advanced options

Open the Advanced options menu for additional settings for Windows Update.

1. In the Windows Update window, click Advanced options.

Choose Advanced options

2. In the Update options area, you can manage the delivery and installation of updates:

• Turn on Receive updates for other Microsoft products when you update Windows to have the computer automatically update other Microsoft products drives and apps when updating Windows.

• Turn on Download updates over metered connections (extra charges may apply) to allow updates to download over a metered connection.

• Turn on Restart this device as soon as possible when a restart is required to install an update. Windows displays a notice prior to restarting. The computer must be turned on and plugged in for this option.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Welcome to the HP Support Community!

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping

HP Recommended

HI, thank you for replying, I have tried this but none of the options are available.

Keyboard Properties.jpg

HP Recommended

@ZakkKaye

This might require remote access of the computer to fix the issue.

I request you to talk to HP support.

They might have multiple options to help you with this.

1. Click on this link - https://support.hp.com/us-en/contact-hp?openCLC=true
  2. Select the country.
  3. Enter the serial of your device.
  4. Select the country from the drop-down.
  5. Click on "Show Options".
  6. Fill the web-form. A case number and phone number will now populate for you.

I hope that helps.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I don't have the wake from sleep checkbox either on the keyboard device.

But: I don't think changing "wake from sleep" settings will help anything - since waking from sleep via keyboard in "Laptop" mode works, and the keyboard is completely deactivated in Tablet mode anyway (i.e. screen flipped around, not talking about W10 tablet mode here!).

This seems more like an inherent design flaw to me, stemming from moving the power button from the side into the main keyboard...

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.