Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 11

I would appreciate if you could lead me towards a compatible car charger that can charge my HP Omen 17 inch 17-cm2005nq gaming laptop. I tried with an 100W Xiaomi car charger that has USB-C cable and the laptop did not charge, even though the charger himself detected that it was connected to my laptop (charger color goes green when I connect my phone or my laptop, but only my phone gets charged).

Is there any other laptop from HP that has the exact same connector to the laptop that maybe has a compatible car charger? 

Do all 17 inch Omen laptops have the same connector? 

I don't mind if you point me to a third party seller that sells good compatible car chargers if you have any.

Thank You

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@DanCerba 

I can't find its specs but it should have similar specs as the following machine

https://www.hp.com/us-en/shop/pdp/omen-by-hp-laptop-17t-cm200-70p74av-1#techSpecs

It requires 330 W Smart AC power adapter. 100W charger could be too weak to charge your machine. I did use the following Inverter for my car when I was on the move for my computers, cameras ...

https://www.jaycar.com.au/800w-2000w-12vdc-to-230vac-modified-sinewave-inverter/p/MI5308

Hope this helps.

>>> Do all 17 inch Omen laptops have the same connector? 

No.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

It's essential to find a car charger specifically designed for your HP Omen 17-cm2005nq. Not all HP laptops have the same connector, so ensure compatibility. Look for a charger with the correct wattage and connector type.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.