Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Model #: N5P48UA Serial #: 5CD
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have been having issues with my dvd/cd drive not recognizing any cd/dvd's that I put in. I put a dvd in and it keeps telling me that there is no disc in the drive. I have tried blank cd/dvd's.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

To isolate the Issue with hardware or Software,

Please find the plan of Action:

Method 1: Update or reinstall the driver 

To update the driver, search for the driver on the device manufacturer's website, and then follow the installation instructions on the website.

To reinstall the driver, follow these steps:

1. Press the Windows logo key + R to open the Run dialog box.
  2. Type devmgmt.msc in the Run dialog box, then press Enter. If you are prompted for an administrator password or for a confirmation, type the password, or select Allow
  3. In Device Manager, expand DVD/CD-ROM drives, right-click the CD and DVD devices, and then select Uninstall.
  4. When you are prompted to confirm that you want to remove the device, select OK.
  5. Restart the computer.

After the computer restarts, the drivers will be automatically installed.

If your problem is not solved, try the next method.

Method 2 :  Update the Windows and check.

Method 3 : If you have any bootable CD/DVD try to Boot from that if not booting suspecting issue with Hardware issue.

if not resolved please contact to HP Technical Support team 🙂

Thank for choosing HP 🙂

Please click ‘Accepted Solution’ on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the ‘Thumbs Up’ Icon below.

I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi,

Try the steps listed the below link

http://support.hp.com/us-en/product/HP-Pavilion-15-Notebook-PC-series/8499302/model/8857405/document...

Regards

Mahemac

--Say "Thanks" by clicking the Kudos (purple thumbs up icon in the lower right corner of a post)
--Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
, I am speaking for myself and not for HP and I am not an HP Employee.
HP Recommended

HI

Thank you for visiting the HP Forums!

PLease follow the below article 

http://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c03370738

Please click ‘Accepted Solution’ on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the ‘Thumbs Up’ Icon below.

I am an HP Employee
HP Recommended

Hi,

To isolate the Issue with hardware or Software,

Please find the plan of Action:

Method 1: Update or reinstall the driver 

To update the driver, search for the driver on the device manufacturer's website, and then follow the installation instructions on the website.

To reinstall the driver, follow these steps:

1. Press the Windows logo key + R to open the Run dialog box.
  2. Type devmgmt.msc in the Run dialog box, then press Enter. If you are prompted for an administrator password or for a confirmation, type the password, or select Allow
  3. In Device Manager, expand DVD/CD-ROM drives, right-click the CD and DVD devices, and then select Uninstall.
  4. When you are prompted to confirm that you want to remove the device, select OK.
  5. Restart the computer.

After the computer restarts, the drivers will be automatically installed.

If your problem is not solved, try the next method.

Method 2 :  Update the Windows and check.

Method 3 : If you have any bootable CD/DVD try to Boot from that if not booting suspecting issue with Hardware issue.

if not resolved please contact to HP Technical Support team 🙂

Thank for choosing HP 🙂

I am an HP Employee
HP Recommended

I tried that before I came to the forum.I made sure that I tried all that i can do iwth your contacting your company.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.