Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP 15d017tu
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
Hi,
The same issue. Screen flickers on top and bottom side. At that time mouse pointer stucks.found only display side has problem. Opened the notebook but the video cable and display looks fine. Any one know how to debug this thing to know prob is of cable or lcd display?...:;((. It cant be the because of os i think(windows 10).

Advanced thanks .... 🙂
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@vishnuk

Thank you for the update,

I appreciate your time and efforts,

I'm afraid the best option you have is to replace the cracked bezel that could be causing these issues among other parts that could have been broken inside the PC that aren't visible now,

Also, since the issue occurred in BIOS as well, it confirms a hardware malfunction and I would recommend you replace the following parts to resolve the issue if you wish to repair it on your own:

The LCD and/or digitizer, broken bezels and the LCD assembly.

If your product is covered by an accidental damage protection warranty within HP, you could simply give them a call and get the PC repaired free of charge:

Please use the following link to create yourself a case number, then call and it may help speed up the call process:

Step 1. Open link: www.hp.com/contacthp/

Step 2. Enter Product number or select to auto detect

Step 3. Scroll down to "Still need help? Complete the form to select your contact options"

Step 4. Scroll down and click: HP contact options - click on Get phone numberCase number and phone number appear.

They will be happy to assist you immediately.

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, 

Mark my post as Accepted Solution.

And click on the Purple Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment.

Regards,

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

@vishnuk

Thank you for posting on HP Forums,

The Riddle_Decipher is at your service.

As I understand the display is flickering at the top and the bottom of the screen,

Don't worry though as I have a few steps to determine the issue and find a solution, however, I need a few more details:

Did you make any recent hardware or software changes?

When was the last time it worked? did you attempt a system restore?

Did you check with an alternate monitor?

If you haven't, Please try an alternate monitor to understand if this is either a hardware or a software failure,
if the issue does not appear on the alternate monitor, you may need to replace the display assembly on your computer,
if the issue appears on the alternate monitor/TV as well, re-install the graphics card drivers & update it from the official HP Website: Click here

If you don’t have an alternate monitor, I recommend checking if the issue appears on the BIOS screen (restart the computer and tap on F10 to access BIOS)

This would confirm if it's either a hardware failure or an issue with the graphics card drivers so we may reinstall and update the drivers to fix the issue as mentioned above.

If the issue persists on BIOS as well, please try with a TV to identify if it's the LCD or the motherboard/video card failure,

If the issue occurred after an accident (such as dropping it on the floor, liquid spilled on it, etc.) there could be a hardware failure and in such cases, you may need to get the computer repaired via HP (there could be a charge involved if the PC isn't covered by the accidental damage protection plan)

Reply with the result of the above-mentioned steps, for further assistance.

I hope you have a good day ahead,
And Feel free to ask your queries as this forum has some of the best people in the world available and ready to help.
Regards,

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended
Hi Decipher,

Thank you for your reply 🙂

1.I didnt make any hardware and recent soft changes
2. I didnt do any system restore. 6 months ago it starts flickering, but i can able to work without any stuck of mouse pinter or screen just only flickering. After that it starts growing i think. fallen along with the bag with lap inside almost 1 year ago. The edge plastic portion display bezel cracked. But it worked well without problem.
3. I'll tell you after checking with alternate monitor.

The issue persists on bios also. I dont know correct to use alternate monitor. But ill tell you after trying it.
One more thing...
When i opened the bezel( problem persists before opening also) the metal part of lcd is also coming with bezel due to gum like material. I have apply some pressure on lcd metal part to detach. It will not be further problem i think.
I think you can help me from these inferences.Now sometimes after a 15 minute working slight fading of screen also noticed.

Thanks in advance:)
HP Recommended

@vishnuk

Thank you for the update,

I appreciate your time and efforts,

I'm afraid the best option you have is to replace the cracked bezel that could be causing these issues among other parts that could have been broken inside the PC that aren't visible now,

Also, since the issue occurred in BIOS as well, it confirms a hardware malfunction and I would recommend you replace the following parts to resolve the issue if you wish to repair it on your own:

The LCD and/or digitizer, broken bezels and the LCD assembly.

If your product is covered by an accidental damage protection warranty within HP, you could simply give them a call and get the PC repaired free of charge:

Please use the following link to create yourself a case number, then call and it may help speed up the call process:

Step 1. Open link: www.hp.com/contacthp/

Step 2. Enter Product number or select to auto detect

Step 3. Scroll down to "Still need help? Complete the form to select your contact options"

Step 4. Scroll down and click: HP contact options - click on Get phone numberCase number and phone number appear.

They will be happy to assist you immediately.

Mark my post as Accepted Solution.

And click on the Purple Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment.

Regards,

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended
@Riddle_Decipher

Thanks

I checked with monitor. It works on monitor well no problem to the monitor display. So here i need to change the lcd display and video cable right?.
Bezel doesnt broken, im applied some pressure to the bezel so the metal covering on lcd display shakes, comes along with bezel due to sticky tape thats all. But i detached bezel from it succesfully.

So for lcd display where i can buy it in india with cheap cost and free shipping, any idea on that? I cnt find any compatible display in low cost, help me

Thanks in advance 🙂
HP Recommended

@vishnuk

Thank you for replying,

I'm glad you found my solution worthy of acceptance 🙂

The HP phone support should be able to help you with part replacements, although, if you wish to replace it on your own you could check at a local store, best thing to do is to take the computer along and have them replace compatible parts,

If you want to purchase the parts online and replace it on your own, you could visit HP Partsurfer using your product number, you could look for the part number of the defective part, then use the HP Parts Store to order the genuine parts from HP directly.

Keep me posted,

If the information I've provided was helpful, 

Give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons, 

That'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Good Luck.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended
@Riddle_Decipher

Hp partstore is in india right?. Any shipping charge??
HP Recommended
Ok no problem i'll manage thanks Decipher 🙂 thank you so much....
HP Recommended

@vishnuk

Thank you for replying,

The website offers shipment in India as well, you may need to check the various regions available, unfortunately, I don't have the details about the shipment charges and as I mentioned before you could check with a local store to find an alternate fix to your predicament 🙂

That said, It's been an absolute pleasure interacting with you,

And I hope you have a great day ahead.

Feel free to post your query for any other assistance as well,

It's been a pleasure interacting with you and I hope you have a good day ahead.

Click on the Purple Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment.

Regards,

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.