Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
ProBook 6460b
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I have dowloaded SP76205 multiple times. When I double click on the file, I receive an error message: "The system BIOS file (c:\SWSetup\SP76205\hpqflash\ROM.CAB) is missing or corrupt. The system BIOS will not be updated." Looking at the files in the listed path, I find two zipped files (68SCE and 68SCF). Exploring the zipped files, I find efibios.sig, Rom.bin, Rom.sig, ver.sig and ver (a text file) in each zipped file. How can I update the BIOS so that I can install more RAM and will the upgraded BIOS allow me to install a 1TB hard drive in this notebook?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

There are plenty of intermediate versions available.

Just click on the BIOS revision history link I posted above, and click on any blue BIOS version link you want, and that should work.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi:

You shouldn't need to update the BIOS to install a 1 TB HDD and memory.

The notebook will take a max of 2 x 8 GB of memory.

I would also recommend you read the release notes for the BIOS you are trying to install.

The release notes indicate that installing that BIOS update will do nothing at all with regard to memory or a hard drive.

Version:F.63 Rev.A (2 Jun 2016)

Fixes
- Fixes an issue where BIOS cannot be updated when the BIOS Setup password contains 9 characters.
Enhancements
- Improved security of UEFI code and variables. HP strongly recommends transitioning promptly to this updated BIOS version which supersedes all previous releases.

Why it isn't working, no one here could say, since this is a peer to peer forum.

You will have to contact HP technical support if you believe the actual BIOS file is corrupt.

When I look at the BIOS revision history, it appears to me that as long as you are at F.40 or newer, you should be fine.

http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/swd/public/detail?sp4ts.oid=5045601&swItemId=ob_167767_1&swEnvOid=405...

HP Recommended

Unfortunately, this refurbished notebook has BIOS version F.22 and I do not see any other 'intermediate' versions available. I just accepted delivery of it on Tuesday, 6/28/2016.

HP Recommended

Hi:

There are plenty of intermediate versions available.

Just click on the BIOS revision history link I posted above, and click on any blue BIOS version link you want, and that should work.

HP Recommended

Sucess! I used the second most recent BIOS upgrade from the list at that link and was able to install my two 8GB memory modules and my new 1TB hard drive.

HP Recommended

That is great news.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.