Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Envy 15-ae008tx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My Envy 15 Touchscreen laptop of 6 years stopped charging the battery and hence replaced the battery (replacement battery model- LP03XL). But the laptop refuses to charge the battery. It started depleting the charge and now became zero. After fixing the battery it was showing orange light and now showing solid white. 

I have tried the below steps so far.

1. UEFI diagnostics for battery with no failure code (it says OK for failure code and 0 for battery status in result). It shows battery charging capacity as 97%.

2. Uninstalling "Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery" 

3. Run battery and AC adaptor tests in HP Support assistant - Run Hardware Diagnostic. Both results Passed.

4. Upgraded the bios to the latest (F50)

5. Tried resetting my OS (Windows 10 Home) but it fails repeatedly saying - "The computer restarted unexpectedly or encountered an unexpected error. Windows installation can not proceed"

The laptop is out of warranty and without any care pack support. Please guide how to resolve this issue.

An Update: I could reinstall a fresh copy of Windows. After restarting, I can see the light changing back to orange but UEFI diagnostics for batter now showing a failure code - MBX4XA-7RWAQ6-XD7WMG-C0FT03

Please advise if I have to replace the battery again?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.