Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP ZBook Firefly 14 inch G8 Mobile Workstation PC (275W7AV)
Microsoft Windows 11

Hi, I am using an HP Zbook FireFly 14 G8 which doesn't have a WWAN card (Qualcomm Snapdragon X55 5G M.2 module). But it has a SIM card slot. I want to use my SIM card on my laptop. But the 5G module is expensive, so I want to use a 4G module of the same brand- Qualcomm Snapdragon X55 4G LTE M.2 

Here's the product link: https://www.daraz.com.bd/products/t77w595-hp-lt-4120-x5-4g-lte-wwan-m2-wifi-i153486005-s1082010109.h...

This is the affordable one than the 5G module. Will the module work on my PC instead of using a 5G module which is written on the specifications of my laptop?

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Chapter 1 of the service manual has a line in the WWAN options:

Supports WWAN after market option

Maintenance and Service Guide (hp.com)

The supported WWAN adapters and part numbers are listed in chapter 3.

Make sure your notebook has the antenna wires present where the WWAN adapter installs before purchasing a WWAN adapter.

HP Recommended

Thanks for your kind reply. I've seen the maintenance and service guide before. There a supported wwan card and a spare part number were present. But as I mentioned before I can't afford the card so I asked if I could use another card (4G wwan card) instead of that card which is mentioned in the maintenance guide. 

I have 4 antenna wires and an m.2 slot for wwan card in my laptop.

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

There are two supported WWAN cards listed not just one, (the Intel XMM 7360 is a 4G card), and I had already provided the other note mentioned in chapter 1 of the manual...Supports WWAN after market option.

That seems to imply that you can use other WWAN cards not listed in the manual.

You can buy the card you want and hope it works, because I cannot find any discussions on this forum regarding installing cards not listed in the manual in the HP Zbook FireFly 14 G8 model series.

HP Recommended

The Intel XMM card is not available in my country and it is also quite expensive, so I can't buy either the Qualcomm 5G card or the Intel XMM card which were mentioned in the maintenance guide.
But as you said that 'Supports WWAN aftermarket' which means I can use other WWAN cards outside the maintenance guide. So can I make sure that I can use any 4G WWAN card on my laptop? [Of course, I will use that one of which product link I provided in my first message because that module is compatible with HP (mentioned in the product description and product title/name), just asking if I could use other manufacturer's like Dell, Lenovo, and Huawei (the WWAN card of this brand can be brought separately) if that WWAN Card which I want to buy is out of stock or I have to buy any one of them in an urgent situation]

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.