Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
15-ac103ca
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

This laptop doesn't have a fan in it, but when it boots up, I get the following error:

The system has detected that a cooling fan is not operating correctly.

Continued operation is not recommended and may cause unpredictable behavior that could result in random shutdown, data loss or possible system damage. The system will shut down in 15 seconds. To prevent shutdown and continue operation, press the Enter key now.
System Fan (90b)

I'm not really sure how to fix this...

Thanks.
8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Hi @chrysalid

Welcome to the HP Forums!

Thank you for posting your query in this forum, it's a great place to find answers.

I reviewed your post and I understand that you are getting a system fan error 90B on your computer.

Don’t worry, I’d love to help!

I would like to inform you that there is system fan available on your computer above the processor. I recommend you to follow the steps in the below article and check if it helps.

http://hp.care/2gnAL7f

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles.

Take care.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi, I found that solution you sent me - but when I open the laptop, no fan is visible.

Are you able to send me a diagram of where the fan is located?

Thanks,

Amber

HP Recommended

@chrysalid,

Thank you for your reply, I'll be more than glad to help you.

I understand that you did not see the fan when you opened the laptop.

Let me jump in with a solution for this issue in place of my colleague. 

Please follow the steps in page no. 55 of the service guide from the link: http://hp.care/2dq1LY1

You may also check the link: http://hp.care/2moYab7

Let me know if this works.

You have a good day ahead.

Rainbow23 - HP Support.
HP Recommended

Hi. As I said - I have seen this documentation.

Below is a picture of the inside of this laptop.

There is no fan - even though that manual says there should be one.

Inside of HP laptop

HP Recommended

@chrysalid,

Thank you for your reply, I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. 

They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. 
Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. 

Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum

Rainbow23 - HP Support.
HP Recommended

Have a similar problem as well..its hp 250 g4 fanless and getting error 090b which is colling fan failure..pls guide

HP Recommended

HP Support finally contacted me about this.

However, the rep only called once, and never responded to my 3 attempts to call back.  Then I got an email saying that the case had been closed.  Terrible service HP.  Are you listening?

--Neil

HP Recommended
Changed the power adaptor and thr error is gone..i think the power adaptor had fried..anyways thanks for respond...if u have similar problem then try changing the power adaptor.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.