Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Hp pavillion g7
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hey! I I have a ltitle problem with my Hp pavillion g7 keyboard keys, some keys like 'g','h',backspace don't work sometimes   and randomly sometimes they work. I've remove the keys and checked for any problem with the key, like any blockage or something, but I found none. I just wanted to know if there is anyway to fix it before I take it to repair. I would really appreciate some help. Thank you 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

looks like a hardware fault. you can confirm this by entering BIOS and try using keyboard inside BIOS etc... this should help you confirm that any virus etc is not playing around. if keyboard has same behavior inside BIOS also, i think you need tocontact HP for part replacement. 

you may contact HP support.
Please visit http://www.hp.com/ > select the country from left hand side bottom (USA is selected by default) > on next page, on right hand side top, click "connect with HP" icon, you should have options to email HP or call HP.

Hope it helps.

Regards,
WW
“I am an HP Employee“
***** Click the KUDOS star on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem***

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

looks like a hardware fault. you can confirm this by entering BIOS and try using keyboard inside BIOS etc... this should help you confirm that any virus etc is not playing around. if keyboard has same behavior inside BIOS also, i think you need tocontact HP for part replacement. 

you may contact HP support.
Please visit http://www.hp.com/ > select the country from left hand side bottom (USA is selected by default) > on next page, on right hand side top, click "connect with HP" icon, you should have options to email HP or call HP.

Hope it helps.

Regards,
WW
“I am an HP Employee“
***** Click the KUDOS star on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem***
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.