Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP elitebook 8th generation that comes with intel core i7-8650U (Don't know exact model)
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi there. One of my friend owns an HP elitebook 8th generation with intel core-i7-8650U Processor and Intel UHD 620 GPU.
does his laptop has the ability that we can upgrade its Graphics card or replace with the inside one or can we use an external graphics card?

Like does this device come with extra slot for additional graphics card or feature that supports the use of additional graphics card externally

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Definitely the internal graphics system cannot be upgraded. The video is soldered to the motherboard and there is no expansion slot for a dedicated video card. The only way it can do an external GPU is if it has a Thunderbolt port which is why we need the exact model number. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.