Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP ENVY M6-P113DX
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Dear HP Team, My Laptop is showing a problem. It's display is getting unresponsive suddenly while working and then the display gets black.. 

I did all the diagnostics in HP hardware diagnostics. Among all of the diagnostics, only HARD DRIVE SHORT DST CHECK and HARD DRIVE LONG DST CHECK came as  failures.
Hard drive DIAGNOSTICS SHOWS:
Result: FAILED
Failure ID:QC42TL-7Q388U-XD7WMF-61AM03 

Product Number:M1W23UA#ABA

SO, What should I do now? And what is the immidiate solution?
Thanks IN ADVANCE

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Your hard drive must be replaced. Post back if you want specific help with that. On  your model it is manageable for the end user to do, although not real easy. Are you under warranty?

Manual

see p. 46. 

If this is "the Answer" please click "Accept as Solution" to help others find it. 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Your hard drive must be replaced. Post back if you want specific help with that. On  your model it is manageable for the end user to do, although not real easy. Are you under warranty?

Manual

see p. 46. 

If this is "the Answer" please click "Accept as Solution" to help others find it. 

HP Recommended

My Warranty has just expired on 9/15/2016.

Can there be any GPU failure regarding the unresponsive problem with the display? The Display freezes suddenly after working 3 or more Hours and then goes black. So, is this only for the Hard Drive failure or anything else?

My HARD DRIVE CAPACITY is 1TB. IS there any specific instruction you can give for the replacement of the HARD DRIVE?

HP Recommended

A bad hard drive can certainly cause the system to freeze up when you try to access data from a bad sector. Other issues can cause the same thing, but if you have done a full diagnostic in the diagnostic app it would pick up an issue with memory or the video card or any of the other common sources of that problem. If you have not done a full diagnostic (F2 as you power up) I would encourage you to do so. Hard drive failures are not uncommon but GPU failures, while not unheard of, would be more rare so the smart money says replace the hard drive. 

Do you have a recovery disk or system image backup available? The Manual shows exactly how to replace the hard drive. Remove the back cover (quite a few screws) and the hard drive is in the lower left. 

You can replace the hard drive with like-kind (where do you live-country only?) or a solid state drive would provide much-improved performance. 

Post back with any more questions. 

HP Recommended

Thank you very much. Appreciate your help.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.