Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
My computer is a hp 1740 it was a computer given to me as a gift a used one from a family member but I tried to plug a keyboard in (also a hp make keyboard) and it says the last attempt to resume the system from its previous location failed attempt to resume again ?

Use the arrow keys to highlight your choice
Delete restoration data and proceed to system boot menu .. But the only thing is the keyboard doesn't respond or work neither does the mouse and I've tried everything to get it to work it just won't budge and I've looked everywhere for the answer but cannot find it please help me it would mean allot !!
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

According to the error message you have posted I suspect there could be a hardware issue on your Notebook

It could be possible that the Hard Drive on the Notebook could be corrupted or it might have bad sectors

Please perform the Steps as shown below:-

1. Please "Turn OFF" the Notebook

2. "Power ON" the Notebook and keep tapping the Escape Key during the start up to enter the Start-up Menu

3. Now here, Please select the BIOS option [F10] and under the Advanced or Diagnostic tab

4. You should find the facility to run tests on both the Hard Disk Drive and Memory

Note: Please perform these two tests and post back with the details of any error messages

Please click on the link shown below to find the steps involved in performing a Hard Drive Test

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c00439024

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c01443317

Hope this helps, for any further queries reply to the post and feel free to join us again

**Click the KUDOS star on left to say Thanks**

Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

Thank You,

K N R K

I work on behalf of HP

I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Dear Customer,

Welcome to HP Support Forum and we are glad to assist you.

According to the message you have posted I suspect this could be because of the recent changes made if any.

I would kindly request with you to perform the below shown steps to resolve the issue:

Step 01. Turn OFF the PC

Step 02. Power ON the PC and keep tapping F8 Key

Step 03. Select "Safe mode" from the Advance Boot Option list

Note: Wait till you get to the Windows Desktop

Step 05. Please remove unwanted startup items and uninstall unwanted applications

Step 06. Please reboot/restart the PC the normal way

Note: Incase if these steps doesn't work you can continue troubleshooting the issue again

Step 01. Turn OFF the PC

Step 02. Power ON the PC and keep tapping F8 Key

Step 03. Select "Last known good configuration" from the Advance Boot Option list

Note: Wait till you get to the Windows Desktop

Step 04. Please remove unwanted startup items and uninstall unwanted applications

Step 05. Please reboot/restart the PC the normal way

Hope this helps, for any further queries reply to the post and feel free to join us again

Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

Thank You,

K N R K

I work on behalf of HP

I am an HP Employee
HP Recommended
This did not work ! It's still not responding as if the keyboard isn't even noticed and It won't work at all I've been pressing f8 but my computer is still on the same creen
HP Recommended

According to the error message you have posted I suspect there could be a hardware issue on your Notebook

It could be possible that the Hard Drive on the Notebook could be corrupted or it might have bad sectors

Please perform the Steps as shown below:-

1. Please "Turn OFF" the Notebook

2. "Power ON" the Notebook and keep tapping the Escape Key during the start up to enter the Start-up Menu

3. Now here, Please select the BIOS option [F10] and under the Advanced or Diagnostic tab

4. You should find the facility to run tests on both the Hard Disk Drive and Memory

Note: Please perform these two tests and post back with the details of any error messages

Please click on the link shown below to find the steps involved in performing a Hard Drive Test

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c00439024

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c01443317

Thank You,

K N R K

I work on behalf of HP

I am an HP Employee
HP Recommended
my pc hp g62 also has the same prblm.none of the above works....!
HP Recommended
I followed all stwps but My PC still not working
HP Recommended

This thread already has a solution. If you want help please start your own. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.